Just bought a RHD DC2 Type R

michaelz

Hi all, I was trolling the web for information on JDM DC2s and came across here.

Have finally pulled the trigger and bought one, here's my story. Pic + length warning.

I'm Australian, currently living in Japan. Will be here for 1-2 years so I decided to buy myself a car to bring back with me.

Decided on a DC2R because the JDM DC2 is one of the few cars we can't import to Australia since Honda Aus sold the quad round lights model, international variants are banned. Nevermind, I'll be able to bring this back with me under the foreign ownership loophole. XD

So I sat down with a few dealers to find myself a nice DC2. Looked at auction sheets, sorted through and inspected the best ones.

Car laws here are tight so junkers are usually exported as half cuts. This meant as a buyer you're pretty well protected.

Here's one of the first ones I test drove. Was tempted by it as it had a full Spoon exhaust, intake, Endless brakes and a remapped ECU.

Was a little bit rough like dents, faded headlights and moisture in the taillights.

When the Japanese roadworthy inspection report came back it said I needed to change engine mounts, front wheel hubs and various other misc things because they are "showing signs of wear". Honestly by our standards this car would pass no problems, but since Japanese rules are so tight, clearly it was a lemon by Japanese standards so I passed on it.

Looked at various '96 models with smaller brakes and 4 stud hubs. Didn't like them so I went back to looking for a '98+ model which were proving quite hard to find. Nearly gave up and was going to buy a common S14 Silvia before this one came up:

Was really happy with the condition. Factory HIDs, 89,000KMs = 55,000 miles, no accident history and 100% original. So I told them I'll take it. Took delivery a week ago and haven't driven it all that much yet. Crappy weather :(

Here's some pics of the day I picked her up and took it on that first drive.

And that's that. Hope you enjoyed the read.

Last edited:

dreamofjdm

2@DHD2r3@Th3H013Thread
i was going to call you a asshole ( cuz i want a rhd :D sorry ) thinking you got one in the states, but welcome, pm when ready to sell any parts and sorry

oh....... have fun

Last edited:

k20og

haha, one of the cleanest itr's ive seen, and trust me, i look at them almost all day :)
congrats with your purchase man, enjoy it till either you or it pass on :)

JCNOOGEN

lmao hahaah yea man... what more badd ass then driving a TRUE LEGEND TYPE R on moherland of where i came from dude.. and get to sleep or friend with harajuku girl lol and yes u are so jdm u drive on the rigth lane by ur self lol

db1love

lmao hahaah yea man... what more badd ass then driving a TRUE LEGEND TYPE R on moherland of where i came from dude.. and get to sleep or friend with harajuku girl lol and yes u are so jdm u drive on the rigth lane by ur self lol
hahahha thats the most right hand i can get my dood!
thanks for the push to lol

michaelz

Thanks for the words fellas. Yep I'm loving this thing.

Sweeet! How much did you buy it for?
re how much I'd rather not put an exact $ value on it. In US dollars it's similar to a clean very low mileage GSR.

Last edited: