Just bought RS

Kinteg

Whoops
I just bought a RS in somewhat rough condition as a project car, or a daily driver.
Dents in the side, lots of scratches, Dead batery (maybe), steering feels a bit off, broken trunk hatch.
Guy I bought it from said he swaped the engine with a vtec

XxCaryxX

Welcome! Seems like a good project car or DD. You can tell if the engine is a B18C1 or B18C5 by checking the valve cover (Which will say VTEC on it) and then verifying the engine code on the head to the front left of the engine (Near your overflow reservoir for your radiator).

Kinteg

Whoops
Welcome! Seems like a good project car or DD. You can tell if the engine is a B18C1 or B18C5 by checking the valve cover (Which will say VTEC on it) and then verifying the engine code on the head to the front left of the engine (Near your overflow reservoir for your radiator).
It doesn't say on this cover sadly, so I can't tell at all

Cman46290

Yeah if the valve cover doesnt say "DOHC VTEC" then it aint VTEC

PICS THOUGH~~!!

8-bit

do what now?
check the VIN on your dash and enigine.

DB7=4door/b18c1
DB8=4door/b18c1
DC2=3door/b18c1/b18c5
DC4=3door/b18b1

esco115

Fawk a Title!
according to the engine pic u posted its not VTEC.... RS's don't come VTEC... you sir have a b18b1...