Just Got My First Tattoo!

mastershank

sooo after a long long time of searching for the perfect tattoo, i finally found one and got it!

the type of design is called an "ambigram" which means you can read it one way, then turn it 180 degrees counterclockwise and it will say the same or different word depending on how you designed it.

mine says "Michael" which is my fathers legal name.
and when rotated 180 degrees counterclockwise, it says "Christine" which is my mothers legal name.

i have to give credit to the fantastic artist Desirea at Area 51 Tattoos in Downtown Crystal Lake, IL.

and yes, there will be some touch ups and all that jazz to come with it in about a month.

**NOTE**: if you plan on leaving negative comments, please dont, im very very proud of this tattoo and i hate having negative comments on something that is very special to me

j13

Keep It Clean
Pics aren't loading for me :(

EDIT: looks tight man :) it came out clean! I only have one tat...I want another, and another....you're going to want another like me:(

Last edited:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i like it man. I'm all down for tattoos if they mean something to the person its on. take this for example:

My last name is Crabb. To me when I see this in the mirror it makes me think of my family and whos always been therefore for me. That keeps me going, I cant let them down, and that tat reminds me on a regular basis.

respect on your first one man. I want another.

mastershank

Pics aren't loading for me :(

EDIT: looks tight man :) it came out clean! I only have one tat...I want another, and another....you're going to want another like me:(
oh im already looking for another lol

getting it touched up in 4 weeks, need to get some things sharpened up and getting it filled in more :)

and thanks for all the good comments

and jcrabb: sick tattoo bro :thumbs up

mastershank

i think im gonna get something big on my right side on my ribs but i have yet to find a design, we'll see lol

uso_Dc

dope tats guys, well my first tat i didnt get all sentimental about but im still planning a big one, ill post pics soon as i getem uploaded...

Last edited:

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
i like the shift tattoo. obviously you have a love for your car so its not like you went out and got a random giant dragon or a heart on your "inner hip" (i laughed so hard when a gir called it that) or bart simpson over your..anyways. lol

its got a purpose, a meaning to you. thats what matters.

mastershank

i like the shift tattoo. obviously you have a love for your car so its not like you went out and got a random giant dragon or a heart on your "inner hip" (i laughed so hard when a gir called it that) or bart simpson over your..anyways. lol

its got a purpose, a meaning to you. thats what matters.
exactly what i was thinking. tattoos are much more special when they have a deep meanign to you.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
awesome dude! i never would have thought of getting it drawn out that way. so its 2 names in one tat. i have 2 right now. i want more... but 1 they are expensive and 2 i dunno what i would get... im not getting anymore out of impulse.

jbrown97ls

Glad to hear you got one that meant something to you rather then getting any design just for the sake of getting a tattoo. I'm usually not real hip on the ambigrams since everyone has the same thing, but I will admit, yours looks fantastic! good idea/design! The artist did a great job as well.