Just installed my new DC header and now there's a problem...

lor_db8

okay, i've been reading a whole lot on my issues but never really came to a real answer. ill give you the story first of what happened.

i have a 2000 integra sedan gsr.

one day i was driving and decided to make a lane change, when i did the lane change, i realized there was a brick in the middle lane. It was too close so i couldnt swerve around it. so the problems occur then.. as i ran over the brick, i heard clunk clunk multiple of times then it stop.. i then realized that the brick had hit the bottom of my car... i then pulled over and decided to take a look under my car... all i saw was dripping liquid so i decided to reverse and take a look at the liquid.. it was oil leaking from my oil pan.. i then realize i must get home as quick as possible or close to home as possible so i can take a look at it when my day off.. but sadly i didnt made it home.. i had to pull over because i knew that i shouldnt be driving when my oil is leaking because i had a healthy gsr motor.. so that night i had a flatbed tow truck towed it home and left it in the garage... so then on my day off i went and picked up an integra oem oil pan, oem rubber oil pan gasket, new oil filter and some new oil and hondabond.
as i start to get going to start working on my car.. i realized that my oem header has a crack so i then set off to get my new 4-1 ceramic 1 piece header too! since i am taking everything off!

so i was able to put my pan back on with no problem.. cleaned everything nice and neat.. after everything i was able to bolt the dc header on but came across couple of problems...

at the collector where i used my oem donut on the dc header... the collector 2.25 wouldn't sit all the way into the cat... but i was able to bolt the spring bolt on to it.. so if u look at it.. u an still see a little of the donut showing....
after i bolted everything up! i fired it up!

then i saw white smoke coming off the header... <<< i know that i had on greasy gloves and that it was burning off the grease..

that night i took it out for a test... it ran fine.. I THINK...

HERE'S THE PROBLEM...

the next morning.. i fired up my car again and rolled it onto my drive way.. i looked around where i parked my car to see if i had any oil dripping... but there was none! so i guess i installed the oil pan correctly!

i waited for my car to warm up.. after waming up.. i decided to rev the engine...

when i rev it...

i saw white smoke coming out from my hood.. so i told my brother to rev it while i look...

as he revved it.. all i see is smoke coming from the header.. it looks like it is coming from underneath but it's not... so here is my question!!!
btw.. i used the oem header gasket

WHAT IS CAUSING THIS WHITE SMOKE? IT ONLY HAPPENS WHEN I REV IT ONLY.. IF THE CAR JUST SIT THERE, THEN THERE WILL NOT BE SMOKE.... THE COLOR OF THE SMOKE IS WHITE BUT SMELLS LIKE BURNT OIL? I TRIED TO SEE IF I HAD ANY LEAK BUT THE HEADER IS TOO HOT AND IS GIVING OFF HEAT SO I CAN'T TELL...

lor_db8

The flanges didnt line up? do you have an oem muffler? the piping is 2 inches for oem
i have a full greddy cat back to a greddy sp2... but the cat is oem stock.... the flange does line up... but it seems like the pipe might be short...

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
Short as in too thin? or in length? Hmm, If you were burning oil the smoke would be black. White smoke usualy means that the temp. from your engine is mixing with the tempeture from the air.

Edit: Also. White smoke can be caused by anti freeze in your head

lor_db8

Short as in too thin? or in length? Hmm, If you were burning oil the smoke would be black. White smoke usualy means that the temp. from your engine is mixing with the tempeture from the air.

Edit: Also. White smoke can be caused by anti freeze in your head
the length of my cat back....
as for the smoke.. it only happens when i rev it up to like 4k... then pass that i'll see white smoke coming up as if my engine is starting to over heated.. but it's not.... it seems like it is coming from where the header bolts onto the block.... don't know if that's how an air leak suppose to be like or what...

i don't know if my driving after my driving after my oil pan problem messed up one of my valve gasket or what.. i am like lost

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
I have the same headers. Make sure the bolts are fasten correctly. You might also want to replace your header's gasket if you havent done so. Valve gaskets are easy to replace, their like 20$. The head gasket would be the problem. It coud also be because you drove your car with no oil?

lor_db8

I have the same headers. Make sure the bolts are fasten correctly. You might also want to replace your header's gasket if you havent done so. Valve gaskets are easy to replace, their like 20$. The head gasket would be the problem. It coud also be because you drove your car with no oil?
after replacing my oil pan.. i put fresh new oil and a new filter in it.. but during the time when i had a cracked oil pan.. i don't know if that was when i messed up my motor...

as for the smoke.. i don't know if it's either a air leak or just a bad gasket? this just started after installing the header...

as for the donut to the cat... i'ma take that to the muffler shop to see what they can do...

i am more worried about the white smoke.... it doesn't make since why it would have white smoke when i rev the engine....

lor_db8

honestly bro i think its the gasket or one of the bends has a crack
dang.. that sucks... if it does have a crack....

oh well.. lets see how this turn out after i take it to a muffler shop and see what they say.... suck ass my next day off is on monday....

thanks for the advice!

Suprman91

"Zip-Tie-It!" - Wisdom
OHH this can also happen if you put too much oil!
I would check the following:
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Header Gaskets
-Cracks on the headers
-Oil Pump

lor_db8

OHH this can also happen if you put too much oil!
I would check the following:
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Header Gaskets
-Cracks on the headers
-Oil Pump
i added 4.5 qrts... and it sits properly fine in the middle of the two dots.. but maybe i might needa recheck my oil again...