Just ordered Tanabe Pro S-OC Type 1 Coilovers

DAs_an_DCs

Hey guys i jus ordered some new suspension, im replacing some tokico illuminas and eibach drag launch springd that were on my DC2 when i bought it. Ive heard these are "too soft" but thats why i got them.

Spring rates
Front 325
Rear 225

Both are effectivley progressive because these shocks have helper springs, also helps for DD.

I smash my drag launch springs all day an they handle pretty freakin good with much lower spring rates, and pretty high in the sky lol

Eibach drag launch spring rates
Front 240
Rear 87-240 (progressive)

Lowering w/ Eibachs
Front -1.7
Rear -1.3

So do u think i shoulda went with higher spring rates like "real coilovers" or do u think this will suit a DD well?

white sedan

As a DD, you'll be fine. My buddy had a set and he loved them. I drove his car a few times and its was a very nice and comfortable ride.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Tanabe coilovers are okay for DD.

DAs_an_DCs

personally I would have went with tanabes GF210's.
I wanted a coilover setup not jus lowering springs, but thos are good springs my buddys rockn the NF210 with AGXs its nice, jus not that dumped

I jus got them today, they look pretty legit. I guess as soon as i put them on ill know if there "too soft", i can always take the helper springs off, the spring length is only 20mm shorter, but i bet ill be pretty dumped on the highest height if i do that.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I use to have the Tanabe SOC pros. Once I tracked them I realize how shitty the valving was and I got rid of them. Also, I wouldn't try slamming them, they're a glorified shock/spring combo with an adjustable perch. Spring rates are only 6kg/4kg, if you lower them too much they will rub lots of tire.

DAs_an_DCs

I relized the spring rates before i ordered them, this is my DD tho and i dont want to be jarred around by spring rates that are super stiff. i have other cars i will take to the circut track, this is for DD style/comfort/performance in that order.

i live in a real bumpy area i need to have spring rates under 400lbs

oh and BTW i used to live in Camarillo, i noticed the 805 area code BigMac88