just picked up a stock 95 teggy...what's the first thing i do??

sum41bum411

So i just picked up a completely stock 95 teggy its a 4 dr ls auto dohc non vtec unfortunately=( Im looking to tune it up a bit but have a limeted budget....whats the cheapest couple things i can do to get the most hp upgrade or most rpms? but while still keeping reliability and the auto tranny? I was thinkin some cams n gears but i dont want to blow my heads....and def a cold air intake and exhaust system in the near future..what do u guys think??

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
So i just picked up a completely stock 95 teggy its a 4 dr ls auto dohc non vtec unfortunately=( Im looking to tune it up a bit but have a limeted budget....whats the cheapest couple things i can do to get the most hp upgrade or most rpms? but while still keeping reliability and the auto tranny? I was thinkin some cams n gears but i dont want to blow my heads....and def a cold air intake and exhaust system in the near future..what do u guys think??
well first off, :welcome: to CI....

also

:nopics:

so give us some pics and we'll help out with ideas. I suggest the same as i did with mine. get your engine checked out before you go doing stuff to it just to find out its not any good. fluids changed, tune up, change belts, etc

sum41bum411

well first off, :welcome: to CI....

also

:nopics:

so give us some pics and we'll help out with ideas. I suggest the same as i did with mine. get your engine checked out before you go doing stuff to it just to find out its not any good. fluids changed, tune up, change belts, etc
yea il get some pics loaded on here soon how do u post pics in a thread? still havent figured out how to use this thing lol this is my first time on here but yea ithe engines good i got a tune up belts r strong fluids can proly use a flush out(havent done the tranny fluid yet) but its a stock so the pics arent gonna b anythin special really....the engine does have 147000 miles on it but i had it checked out byt multiple mechanics n they say its good....only things ive done to it so far is routine maitnence stuff the starters a rebuild, new radiatior and temp guage spark plugs, wires everything with a normal tune. Water pump, belts were all replaced at like 110000 or around there so engines strong

sum41bum411

yea il get some pics loaded on here soon how do u post pics in a thread? still havent figured out how to use this thing lol this is my first time on here but yea ithe engines good i got a tune up belts r strong fluids can proly use a flush out(havent done the tranny fluid yet) but its a stock so the pics arent gonna b anythin special really....the engine does have 147000 miles on it but i had it checked out byt multiple mechanics n they say its good....only things ive done to it so far is routine maitnence stuff the starters a rebuild, new radiatior and temp guage spark plugs, wires everything with a normal tune. Water pump, belts were all replaced at like 110000 or around there so engines strong

TheSylntChamber

If you plan on staying naturally aspirated go ahead and pick up an intake, exhaust, and header. If you plan to go forced induction down the line then you might as well not waste your money on those and put it in your boost fund.

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
yeah, it depends what your future plans are, if you want to keep it all motor, you can get headers, cams, CAI. rework your head. adn mabey even get into the internals depending on how much time/money your have.

if you want boost down the road you might as well prepare for it, set aside some money and start saving

phatintegra

Banned
The first thing I would do is change out all the fluids and then wash it, wax it and detail inside and out. Then take it for inspection then register it.

For Mods do you really want a cold air? I'm agaist it if it's your DD. Due to Hydro lock (sucking water) your motor. You can get away with a comptech Ice box or short ram. Header and cat-back is really good to have. It all depends on how far you want to take it and what is your budget.

Last edited:

cf integra

i can guarantee that you wont be disappointed with the short ram intake. Its not that expensive and gives a nice sound to your engine. I have AEM by the way and its def worth it