jwh0818 - 97 ls auto Turbo build!!!

jwh0818

So I have a 97 integra LS completely stock. I'm slowly gonna start buying parts to Turbo it. I'm very new to Turbo but I have been reading about it every where. To start, what will I need to change when adding a T3 Turbo? Not sure of the brand. Can I just use stock internals boosted 6-8 psi and be safe? Can I do this with obd2? Can obd2 be tuned? Yes I know where the search button and Google is but this is my build thread

Ganyon

I would do a compression test on the motor before anything to see if it's healthy enough for boost. 6-8 psi should work just fine.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I don't see the validation in the fact it's your build thread that exempts you from searching things that were answered not too long ago and a lot of research would have answered already :p

Any transmission slipping?

jwh0818

I don't see the validation in the fact it's your build thread that exempts you from searching things that were answered not too long ago and a lot of research would have answered already :p

Any transmission slipping?
Nope. It's strong. Motor and tranny have 145xxx miles and motors not taping or anything. I will be changing the crank balancer because its a little wobbly but other than that its perfect

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
At minimum a new head gasket and arp head studs. Technically you should do full forged internals but that's probably not an option

Havok114

you know what you should do?
Use the search button man.
You can the boost the car stock internals with bigger fuel pump and cheap 450cc injectors it should do fine on 5psi & get it tuned. 0bd1 is the way to go.

/thread

Sent from my PAGER

jwh0818

you know what you should do?
Use the search button man.
You can the boost the car stock internals with bigger fuel pump and cheap 450cc injectors it should do fine on 5psi & get it tuned. 0bd1 is the way to go.

/thread

Sent from my PAGER
Thanks! That really was the main question but I dont wanna blow my motor up.

Can the stock internals really handle that much power.

What's the most amount of boost the stock internals can handle?