K&N intake for 80 bucks, DIY

teginak

so i basically make an intake myself haha. its actually about the fifth one ive done for myself and friends but they always turn out good and they"re cheap. basically the price of the filter. i used the cheap aluminum ebay intake the guy that had before me had on it and hacked it off at the 80* bend and ised a rubber clamp covered in some electrical tape to attach it to some 3 inch ABS pipe. (i would have used a rubber connector with clamps but lowes was closed and i didnt want to wait. then i cut the abs pipe to fit in my engine bay with the filter attached. i used a filter for an envoy. its a big canister type with a 3" opening with a clamp. but it fits works good and looks mostly clean. let me know what you guys think.

BEFORE:

NOT INSTALLED:

AFTER:

:thumbs up

Last edited:

j13

Keep It Clean
Besides the quality of the filter, what's the differance?

The K&N didn't fit with the original aluminum intake? Looks good though

teginak

yeah the aluminum was too small and was dented and had a hole in it :/ so i did this. abs piping is much more temperature resistant compared to aluminum and muuuuch cheaper. less heat transper to air from engine. i know that with the filter being in the engine it doesnt matter too much but i plan to move it down and make it into a CAI soon i was just putting this on to see how it looks. im gonna make a box to keep it from sucking up water.