K series head swaps possible?

Teggy95SE

im not a newbie but this may sound like a newbie ? Are the K Series engines like the B and H where u can swap the heads @??? My brother has a Base RSX and wants to do a Type S head swap. Possible? Thanx

Teggy95SE

He has an auto though? N E Diffrence? If not, I think it would be hot shit to see an Auto RSX Type-S :D

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
The only think that I can think of that would be different are tb openings. Everything should work for him tho.

SpeedFiends

lol as an rsx owner, let me fill you in on some things

There are 4 types of motors
K20A DC5 ITR motor
K20A2 Type-S Motor
K20A3 Base Model Motor
K20Z newer K Series motor

I'm starting the K24/K20 build up so I'll fill you guys in as I go lol

So I will be selling my motor in the near future

And you just can't slap a Type-S head or other parts on an A3. It wouldn't be worth it at all. The A3 intake manifold is completely different. The motor would fall out of V-Tec
You won't be able to push an A3/A2 head engine as far as the A2 engine because of the lack of pistons, rods, crank, oil squirters. These are critical parts. Type S head on an inferior motor that can't handle much rpm and has very low compression not to mention that you would need and intake manifold and new header just to use the head.

There is though, a build up for the A3 block w/ the A2 Head, I'll get you the list of what's needed. Also I can get Hondata at really good prices :thumbup:

Last edited:

Josh

JDMk20A2 said:
And you just can't slap a Type-S head or other parts on an A3. It wouldn't be worth it at all. The A3 intake manifold is completely different. The motor would fall out of V-Tec
You won't be able to push an A3/A2 head engine as far as the A2 engine because of the lack of pistons, rods, crank, oil squirters. These are critical parts. Type S head on an inferior motor that can't handle much rpm and has very low compression not to mention that you would need and intake manifold and new header just to use the head.
The Base rsx IM sucks ass when you use it..And the manifold wont cause it to fall out of Vtec that is all gearing. The SI one isnt bad but no where near as good as a type s or type r or the RBC. And you dont need a new header/IM to do it, it just wont perform as well as a good header or IM will.