K Series swap into 3rd Gen Help/Questions..

Army74D

gtavila_
I tried the search option on here and didn't find what I was looking for so here I am;

What all is needed for a K-Series swap into a stock 3rd Gen chassis?
The motor of course, engine harness.. But what else?
**Please try to be as specific as possible.
And what shops are recommended to buy the parts from?

I've been browsing around and found that shops like HybridRacing.com and K-Tune.com specialize in K-Series engines, But I'm trying to find competitive pricing for quality parts.

So if you guys can help me with the basics, like what's needed for the basic swap, I'll be a happy man..
8)

**********Sorry mods, just realized I might of posted this in the wrong section.

Last edited:

Army74D

gtavila_
Thanks Ben; I also came across this http://www.scribd.com/doc/12876704/Hybrid-Racing-Kswap-EG-Guide
Not sure how much reading up on that application will help me out, But I know the 92-95 Civic chassis is similar to 3rd Gen Integra in some ways.
I'm gonna start keeping my eye out for parts. If I still have my car in a year or so, hopefully I will have this done.

Anyone who has this done, about how much money did you dump into it just for the swap??
I'm not really looking at any "aftermarket" parts just yet.. Just want the basics, all the upgrades could be done with time.

Also, does any part of the chassis/ engine bay need to be modified at all?

Last edited:

ben h

Banned
Thanks Ben; I also came across this http://www.scribd.com/doc/12876704/Hybrid-Racing-Kswap-EG-Guide
Not sure how much reading up on that application will help me out, But I know the 92-95 Civic chassis is similar to 3rd Gen Integra in some ways.
I'm gonna start keeping my eye out for parts. If I still have my car in a year or so, hopefully I will have this done.

Anyone who has this done, about how much money did you dump into it just for the swap??
I'm not really looking at any "aftermarket" parts just yet.. Just want the basics, all the upgrades could be done with time.

Also, does any part of the chassis/ engine bay need to be modified at all?
yes new motor mounts need to be bolted/welded in