K-Swap, LS VTEC, or neither?

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I was "racing" with my friend the other day. Long story short, he pulled away as if I were backing up. I need more sauce under the hood guys. As of now it's just a thought, I just recently started my first "big boy" job, so I'm trying stack up some cash. The question still persists though. What's the best choice for my supa fast but still slow car?

Russell D

If your friend was pulling away as you described you will need more than just a k swap or ls vtec...

What kind of power would you like to make?

What does your friend drive and what's done to it?

everyone has their own definition of fast; I used to think my 15 second dodge neon was fast, now I have an 11sec mr2 and I'm bored with it because I've driven way faster cars...

Last edited:

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
Well that's the kicker, he drives an s2k. That's why I said "racing" haha. And I just want some better low end really. I'm trying to spend as little as possible while getting a fun kick out of my car.

R13

The other asshole
What you need is a black GSR then you can boost it. :mrgreen:

R13

The other asshole
You've already got one. :rolf:

You should F swap, I believe a K series trans will fit the F20/F22 engines, No rwd convserion required.

Last edited:

Russell D

I have a b20 with a b16 trans in my integra, definitely a good combination, you will have more low end, and should you want a little bump in power you could make a b20vtec with it!

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
I have a b20 with a b16 trans in my integra, definitely a good combination, you will have more low end, and should you want a little bump in power you could make a b20vtec with it!
Yeah I was looking at the ls/vtec option. Either way, it's gonna take time. Anyone have an ls/vtec swap they're ready to get rid of? :lol:

osiris19

Cheap, reliable, fast. You can only pick two. Since you've already picked cheap, reliable or fast is where you go next.