K-Swap, LS VTEC, or neither?

ArmyIntegra

Registered Teg Driver
He lives in bumf*** nowhere with me, Nearest proper track is a 12 hour round trip roughly.
We. Need. A. Track. The closest thing is the stupid bristol motor speedway and all you do is go around in circles, and that's only like two days a year, and you have to go slow. Haha.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Kurt has the best suggestions: new CTR swap, f swap...:drool::drool::drool::drool: lol

Nick_C78

How the hell is lsvtec even an option against kswap? Lsvtec is the cheapest vtec option. Kswap is one of the more expensive ones...thats like should I date a model or my 50 year old 300 lbs neighbor.

SoundEfx

Boost?

( I am wearing my bullet proof vest )
Honestly, if you want low end power, you're in the wrong car. The torque specs of most honda engines are low.

So if you want to have some fun, might as well get ready to either change platforms or spend some money.

But keep in mind, power and speed is addictive. Once you build your fast car, you'll get bored with it and want something faster.
Especially if it's boosted.

Nick_C78

No...Don't waste money building up an LS.... you spend more trying to make it as strong as a gsr than you would starting out with a gsr.

Russell D

No...Don't waste money building up an LS.... you spend more trying to make it as strong as a gsr than you would starting out with a gsr.
I assume he already has a LS, and he isn't talking about making 800whp, so the strength of the block has no impact on his goal...

Until someone's power goals require the need to sleeve the block, there's no reason you should shy away from a LS block!

Russell D

What do you mean "improper oil passages"? Because it doesn't have squatters that spray oil and the Pistons and a hold hole for the vtec solenoid that something's is wrong? If the squirters were a necessity why would honda has left them off? And have you never heard of someone removing them? Also the LS rods are fine, I've seen firsthand multiple 400+ whp LS engines with stock rods, you do need to replace the rod bolts, but ARP's are easy to find for $40-50. A friend of mine had a b20v that made ~270whp on his drag car revving to iirc 10k rpm, using stock LS rods with arp bolts; raced it for years without any failure. In guessing you meant block girdle because no honda engine has a block guard, and the girdle isn't necessary unless you want big power. In this instance the guy is talking about keeping up with an s2000 that doesn't sound to be very modified; so girdle not needed

Last edited: