K20 Rwd

civic98turbo

Honda Tech
thats cool....way to be really hardcore and different...but does that 1/4 time suck balls to anybody else...220bhp and a 14.2...thats pitiful

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
civic98turbo said:
thats cool....way to be really hardcore and different...but does that 1/4 time suck balls to anybody else...220bhp and a 14.2...thats pitiful
X2... what'd he do wrong? lol

Props for unique, but damn! wtf? thats kinda slow

teggyls

STREET SAMURAI
damn i thought the subby would of been faster 14.2 is slow i feel for that car

iNOhc

Super Registered User
awh crap.. i'm so lost.. my gsr hits 14's.. so is the k20 swap worth it?

speedin

The Transporter
civic98turbo said:
For 220bhp (200hp I think) a 14.2 isnt bad. But when its 200hp in a 900kg car, is sad. Not to mention he is torque-less. But ive seen that swap in civics run a HELL of alot better.

P.S. his intake design BLOWS!!!! You dont want a venturi affect on your intake you DEE DEE DEE. Oh, and I hope that little bulge in his intake tube was a filter

teggyls said:
damn i thought the subby would of been faster 14.2 is slow i feel for that car
OH YEA!!! Something was WAY wrong their. A 02 WRX is quicker than that. The STI's were always 13 flats. The 06+ models were all high 12's. So either he is a MORON, he is missing a gear, or missing a turbo. LOL. Subaru would own that little car at 14.2

nautica_t said:
iunno. i don't think he was gunning that car hard enough, and yeah no lsd ftl. :(
I dont think so. He really wasnt spining. And FWD civics on the same power level would run circles around him. And thats FWD so they would get even LESS traction than this guy on a 1/4

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
speedin said:
For 220bhp (200hp I think) a 14.2 isnt bad. But when its 200hp in a 900kg car, is sad. Not to mention he is torque-less. But ive seen that swap in civics run a HELL of alot better.

P.S. his intake design BLOWS!!!! You dont want a venturi affect on your intake you DEE DEE DEE. Oh, and I hope that little bulge in his intake tube was a filter
And why not? Hondagod is doing a project for his CAI. Some of the info he's got makes good points. There's a link in there to TI where people discussed and you can can buy a velocity stack for behind your filter in the intake pipe stream. Proven to make i think 4-5 more hp by a simple stack. Its actually a good idea IMO. I don't know where making hp can be bad. lol

and its not the venturi effect used with a velocity stack. I don't know what its called, but not venturi

Last edited:

k624ash

wouldnt an intake on the side of the car like that creat a vacuum effect from air blowing over the top of it? that would make it harder for the intake to pull in air. is that what the venturi effect is?

hksb18

GM TECH
cool and imaginative but not fast..no a venturi is created by swirling air in oposite and stacked cone shapes which creates a vortex vaccum when the throttle plate is opened below the first cone.. its mainly used to pull fuel out of a carb...where as the intake has its own vacuum and would pull air in anyway...

Last edited:

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
k624ash said:
wouldnt an intake on the side of the car like that creat a vacuum effect from air blowing over the top of it? that would make it harder for the intake to pull in air. is that what the venturi effect is?
oh shit... lol, yeah you're right. I thought about it on the way home and it would make sence. I guess if the intake was facing forward it would be better.

again, props for originality, but that thing should be so much faster...