Keys

LightSkinbyYosi

To keep this short between last winter and the start of the fall here in Massachusetts I've noticed I've started to bend my key from having to manually open the doors to my integra. I was wondering if I had an uncut key with no transponder, or could it have a transponder, that was similar to the intwgra key would I be able to cut it and use it?

For example maybe a TL key or something. I will be doing more research but just wanted to throw the though out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
Only 2000-2001 integras have transponder keys if I remember correctly. But no I don't think you can use keys from other cars, and you'll probably have to have a dealership program it to your car.

You could however most likely have a regular old blank honda key made just to use on the doors, and if you're handy enough you can straighten a key without breaking it if it's not bent well beyond usability.

LightSkinbyYosi

I have a 97, lol and trying to be handy I got it as straight as I could and found a place that made copies for 10 bucks. But the key that they gave me is alittle on the cheap side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

R13

The other asshole
You can buy blanks on ebay.

My integra doesn't even have an acura key, it has honda keys :lol:

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Just go to your local dealership. Paid $2 for a brand new copy.

gophurr

Go to your local dealership, they should not have an issue with looking up your VIN and cutting you a brand new key from the original template.

94RS

No fucks given.
I think I paid like $4 for the same blank a few years ago... Still haven't gotten it cut :rolf: