Kicker comp reviews?

J5.

I had two 12" kicker cvr in a ported box with a 750 watt kicker mono block amp and it would rock my teg and everything around it.. I got a ticket on the first day I installed it.. Cop said I was shaking his whole car

jwh0818

I had two 12" kicker cvr in a ported box with a 750 watt kicker mono block amp and it would rock my teg and everything around it.. I got a ticket on the first day I installed it.. Cop said I was shaking his whole car
Cvr only has 800 Watts right? Do that means mine would beat way more being that they are 1500 Watts each

BeatBox

Real Good!
how much are you paying is the real question, personally i would never run kicker subs. they are junk specially for they price they go for when u can get better, bought some a while back and sold them same week.

if your paying in the $150-200 range for subs and amp, then maybe

jwh0818

Its 612 with tax. I'm getting the 2 kickers and they are 180$ a piece. The amp and it 150$ and then the box

white4d96

Burning oil like a boss
Yeah screw that noise.

SonicElectronix has CVR's for $120/ea. But you could get much better for not much less. Try looking on an audio forum for used equipment. I got two Alpine type R 12's for $150 shipped a few years back, still smelled new even. I even got a Digital Designs motor, and had DD rebuild it to a 2515d2 for less than what you were quoted for your subs.

TheCrimsonStar

2600 watt??? That's WAY too much dude. Lol. I have a single pioneer champion series being pushed by a bridged 1000W sony and I set car alarms off in parking garages.

Sent from my GameBoy Color using Tapatalk.

ssbp dc2

For subs I would go jl audio. I had 2 cvrs and then I got one w6 and it beat the shit out of the kickers. Way better sound quality. And I like the trunk space!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

jwh0818

Well I want high Watts and I had 2-350watt lanzar subs with a 600watt Sony explode amp. It set car alarms off. I want to beat my trunk open lol. I'm tired of all these ppl living off welfare and. Foodstamps while making 1000$ a week beating a full blooded American at living. I wanna blow the shit outta their systems

cody1018

Honestly kickers have been made notorious for being able to run well over their peak.
JL audio is just way over priced IMO something that will give you bang for you buck is Alpine
Onlinecarstereo.com sells Alpine Type R's that are Max at 2000 and RMS @ 750-1000
I ran these in my bagged toyota and they were no joke
Ive also ran Kicker cvr's before but nothing compares to Alpine

Last edited:

sayachak

i got those in my truck they aite but in my car i have the jl 10 inch w7 those are nice

and im runnin a jl 1000 watt mono block

and the kickers that are in my truck with a memphis 1000 watt monoblock

but i like the quality of the jl personal opinion

jwh0818

So what kickers no good or what. JL is just a brand name your paying for. I've never priced Alpine but i will

BeatBox

Real Good!
Well I want high Watts and I had 2-350watt lanzar subs with a 600watt Sony explode amp. It set car alarms off. I want to beat my trunk open lol. I'm tired of all these ppl living off welfare and. Foodstamps while making 1000$ a week beating a full blooded American at living. I wanna blow the s*** outta their systems
if your trying to do that your def not gonna do it with those kicker subs :what:
have a budget? your building your own box or running a pre fab bc if you are your better off making one and getting the most out of what ever subs u decide to go with

Honestly kickers have been made notorious for being able to run well over their peak.
JL audio is just way over priced IMO something that will give you bang for you buck is Alpine
Onlinecarstereo.com sells Alpine Type R's that are Max at 2000 and RMS @ 750-1000
I ran these in my bagged toyota and they were no joke
Ive also ran Kicker cvr's before but nothing compares to Alpine
yeah til they blow lol
Jl i over priced, but IMO thats the only down fall over all they are def a good product but worth it if most ppl dont want to spend that much
onlinecarstereo.com is a good site got my double din from there
def go with alpine typeR's over kicker

So what kickers no good or what. JL is just a brand name your paying for. I've never priced Alpine but i will
the L7's and the ones you have a link to are good. BUT not priced right for, true you are paying for the JL name brand BUT if u can find a decent set of used JL sub for the right price they are worth it

try sundown audio they are pretty cheap, the SA series subs is what you want

jwh0818

Thanks for the comments. I do want the Alpine type R's but can't afford em. I'm making payments at the place I'm getting em from. I think ill be happy with em till I do get the type R's.

On a side note. What's better, a ported or sealed box

cody1018

Thanks for the comments. I do want the Alpine type R's but can't afford em. I'm making payments at the place I'm getting em from. I think ill be happy with em till I do get the type R's.

On a side note. What's better, a ported or sealed box
Depends on the type of bass you want...
If you want a soild clean crisp bass go with a sealed box IMO