Kirt's Mustang GT

R13

The other asshole
I mean... you're the only person that's hated on it so far so... maybe you're gay. :lol:

R13

The other asshole
I don't want a cobra now that I've heard their stupid ass bubbly idle sound. :lol:

I'd rather spend the money it would cost to buy a cobra to just build a 500~whp 2 valve and have something worthy of a little respect rather than just being another douche with a cobra. :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
So you're still saying that you couldn't afford a Cobra and ended up with a GT... :lol:

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I don't want a cobra now that I've heard their stupid ass bubbly idle sound. :lol:

I'd rather spend the money it would cost to buy a cobra to just build a 500~whp 2 valve and have something worthy of a little respect rather than just being another douche with a FERD. :lol:
:rolf:

I amuse myself very easily these days

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas

I'd rather spend the money it would cost to buy a cobra to just build a 500~whp 2 valve and have something worthy of a little respect rather than just being another douche with a cobra. :lol:
Why not just put the 4V engine in, it's better...

R13

The other asshole
So you're still saying that you couldn't afford a Cobra and ended up with a GT... :lol:

Well yeah, but I only bought the GT because it happened along at the right time for the right price... I wasn't even looking to buy a car :lol:

Why not just put the 4V engine in, it's better...

10k for a stock engine that makes a gay bubbling sound at idle and makes 390~hp at the crank or a 2v that I already have with high flow heads, forged internals, and a kenne bell that makes anywhere from 450-620hp at the crank... hmm.

Also the 4v is bad for FPR and alternator failure.

Last edited:

R13

The other asshole
Oh! and try doing anything in the engine bay on a 2v or a 4v... there's barely enough room for the wide ass 2v, the 4v is crammed in there to the max, no thank you.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Well yeah, but I only bought the GT because it happened along at the right time for the right price... I wasn't even looking to buy a car :lol:

10k for an engine that makes a gay bubbling sound at idle and makes 390~hp at the crank or a 2v that I already have with high flow heads, forged internals, and a kenne bell that makes anywhere from 450-620hp at the crank... hmm.

Also the 4v is bad for FPR and alternator failure.
Are we talking the terminator engine or the NA one, I thought even the NA came with forged crank and rods though. Revs easier as well with the 4Vs.
-Although it would be cheaper to just blow a 2V and make more power, I will give you that.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Oh! and try doing anything in the engine bay on a 2v or a 4v... there's barely enough room for the wide ass 2v, the 4v is crammed in there to the max, no thank you.
When my friend had his 4V it was fucking tight in there. I feel like the Chevy guys with the LS though, that thing is compact for what it is.

R13

The other asshole
Are we talking the terminator engine or the NA one, I thought even the NA came with forged crank and rods though. Revs easier as well with the 4Vs.
-Although it would be cheaper to just blow a 2V and make more power, I will give you that.
They are upgraded, but only because the stock 2v rods wouldn't hold up during testing... so that should give you an idea of ford's engineering quality there, they tried the cheap ass soft stock rods, and only the terminator is upgraded, the mach 1 and pre supercharged cobras still have weak bottom ends.

The thing about the 4v is yes, it is a better engine, particularly the terminator due to the outside help it had during design, but don't underestimate the 2v just because it was universally built for economy (It was in the f-series, e-series, crown vic, grand marquees etc etc, hence the "modular" name) The 2v with aftermarket heads and so on can be an absolute beast, and it's tough as hell. You should see how wide the crank and rod bearings are, these engine's were built to last.

And as far as revving... mine loves to rev, that 2v is not happy unless it's at least above 2000-2500, and it's happy all the way to redline, the power curve is a steady climb all the way to the top.

When my friend had his 4V it was f***ing tight in there. I feel like the Chevy guys with the LS though, that thing is compact for what it is.
The modular engines are f***ing huge physically, no idea the reasoning, maybe the cylinder angle is better for longevity or something.

94RS

No fucks given.
And as far as revving... mine loves to rev, that 2v is not happy unless it's at least above 2000-2500, and it's happy all the way to redline, the power curve is a steady climb all the way to the top.
All the way up to 6k... :rolf:

R13

The other asshole
I make more power at 6k than your s2k does :mrgreen:

All I'd need to do to increase the redline to 7k is new heads, valve springs, cams, and a tune.