Klutch's B6 A4 Build Thread

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Yeah it's all original. I hate it.

Updates to the thread are past due. Over the last two weeks I have installed new Raxles front axles, S4 front tie rods, a new starter and have been diagnosing an e-brake issue that developed this weekend.

Near future (when I'm not scraping for money trying to survive college) I'm looking for a front lip and either some full coilovers or lowering springs. 4x4 status sucks.

osiris19

I hear racelands are great for VW's/Audi's and they're less than $400.

Swerve

Shawn
Racelands are trash BUT I will say my jetta was slammed on them when I got it and they weren't too awfully bad.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Yeah Racelands probably won't happen. If I go cheap coils is probably go Jom, but I'm thinking H&R lowering springs are the most reasonable plan of attack

Swerve

Shawn
Yeah Racelands probably won't happen. If I go cheap coils is probably go Jom, but I'm thinking H&R lowering springs are the most reasonable plan of attack
I have no experience with lowering springs on a heavy German car. But I would wonder if they would create the same issues they do on hondas, with blown struts and nasty bouncing

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
The struts on these cars actually hold up much better than our Japanese friends from my experience. Reviews are usually positive with regard to the lowering springs as well for these, saying overall ride quality improves even

enjoytheridedc2

The struts on these cars actually hold up much better than our Japanese friends from my experience. Reviews are usually positive with regard to the lowering springs as well for these, saying overall ride quality improves even
Struts for B6's hold up well if they are new. After 60K with lowering springs, you'll be putting major stress on the suspension arms/bushings on that car. Bushings are extremely important on these cars in terms of ride comfort, alignment, and handling. You can live with a bushing being worn on a honda for a short while. On a German car, its the beginning of a domino effect... and it only gets more expensive the longer you wait.

But these cars feel good and the better you take care of it, the more you appreciate driving one. It's hard to go back to a Honda once you step into the euro world...unless you're lucky enough to have both.:)

H&R race springs will wear out your struts quicker than if you went with their sport spring. I would check with others on how low the spring settles. especially with your wheel fitment.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
So true about how you maintain them. Speaking of, there is a large list of parts coming to aid in such. I broke down and ponied up some extra $$$ and went with an H&R sport spring set paired with Bilstein shocks. A few other upgraded maintenance items (front control arms, endlinks, gas cap, serpentine belt etc) and one or two "goodies" coming as well :) stay tuned

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I like it. The b6 has the best rear silhouette, the b7 has the best front of the b5,6,7

Nice and fresh.

Id personally stick with the 1.8t 5v or the 4.2 v8 with quad cams. My brother in law has a s4 with 500bhp with a 6 speed on his b6. I dont think hes ever gonna let it go.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I like it. The b6 has the best rear silhouette, the b7 has the best front of the b5,6,7

Nice and fresh.

Id personally stick with the 1.8t 5v or the 4.2 v8 with quad cams. My brother in law has a s4 with 500bhp with a 6 speed on his b6. I dont think hes ever gonna let it go.
When this motor goes I'm planning on swapping a 4.2 in (hopefully the supercharged one from a newer model :mrgreen:)

UPDATES!!!!

I really suck at this but I finally come bearing updates and pictures.

Two weeks ago, the following work occurred:

New suspension (H&R sport springs, Bilstein shocks, 034Motorsport density line upper/lower control arms and end links, 034Motorsport rear sway bar, mudflaps (even though only two are on right now as I haven't put the front fender liner back in yet), front lip and some plastidip action.

Pics!!!
Early Christmas

How she sat for two weeks (while still being driven around everywhere xD)

Serpentine belt, tensioner and snub mount (so much suck, entire front end had to come off to do this crap)

All done!