Knock sensor or not?

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
Hey guys im in the middle of my skunk2 im install and i came across a green plug underneath my im on the back of the block when i tried unplugging this green plug the plastic broke off so i need to replace the sensor the plug is fine.. I just wanted to make sure that this plug was the knock sensor and what better place to ask!

Dont have pics cause car is in pa and im currently in va.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
B18c1 94.yeah i thought of that to but then my father in law stated it could be the knock sensor and i was like well im not sure better find out lol.

Last edited:

mirrorimg

This is what a knock sensor looks like: blue or black

And what the oil pressure sender looks like: eh I cant find a picture, but it has a single metal pole that extends from it.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Trace the wire. The knock sensor is directly under the manifold, under cylinder #2 shaded towards cylinder #3. The oil pressure sender is lower, down by the oil filter, more between cylinder #1 and #2.

If I remember correctly, the oil pressure sender is green. It's been a while though.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
Thanks guys ill trace it for sure. As far as the color of the sensor i believe its black but the plug is green. This sensor is above the oil filter but not directly just off to the left.

ghost1776

Respected Member!!
When i broke the plastic off the plug was attached and i did see a little metal pole but i didnt look at the actual plug to see what type of connector or connection it has.