Koni yellows? or Skunk 2 Pro-S?

Catman

I know full coilovers are supposely the best way to go but I was originally looking into getting Koni Yellow shocks with Swift springs. My dad has the same setup on his s2000 and it handles and rides great! I also hear really good things about the Skunk 2 coilovers. What is the difference in adjust-ability, handling, and durability? The thing is they are in the same price range that I'm looking in. Could someone help please?

Thanks guys.

Cali66!

The skunk 2's are kinda a bumpy ride if you ask me. I have the pro S 2 full coil over on my dc2. i would only advise you to buy skunk 2 if you are gonna be racing on a track or something like that.

01FTW

The skunk2s ride like bumpy shit. Koni is number 1 in shocks. Get the Konis and the springs.

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
The skunk 2's are kinda a bumpy ride if you ask me. I have the pro S 2 full coil over on my dc2. i would only advise you to buy skunk 2 if you are gonna be racing on a track or something like that.

The skunk2s ride like bumpy shit. Koni is number 1 in shocks. Get the Konis and the springs.
They're track-able coilovers. Not your shitty ebay sleeves.

Catman

cool it's good to hear some feedback from you guys. I don't mind a stiff sort of bumpy ride.. actually I kind of prefer it. I really like to feel the road when I'm driving. How long with the Skunk 2 coilovers last me for? I mean I don't want to have to replace them like a year or so from now. I want something that will last, handle well, with good adjustability. more tips and advice please :)

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
cool it's good to hear some feedback from you guys. I don't mind a stiff sort of bumpy ride.. actually I kind of prefer it. I really like to feel the road when I'm driving. How long with the Skunk 2 coilovers last me for? I mean I don't want to have to replace them like a year or so from now. I want something that will last, handle well, with good adjustability. more tips and advice please :)
Skunk2 is a very reputable company and they make a quality product. Avoid the obvious road obstructions and pot holes and you'll have a long lasting suspension.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
They're track-able coilovers. Not your shitty ebay sleeves.
Thank you! Preach!

I had the Skunk2 Pro-C on my DB8 before and they weren't "bouncy" in any way. When people say that their suspension is bouncy while driving, that is because their spring rates are too stiff for the dampers that they're using. For example:

Ground-Control coilover sleeves + OEM shocks = bouncy

The increased spring rates are too overwhelming for the OEM shocks to handle. Upon compression, the OEM shocks don't have the proper valving to sustain the increased force, therefore resulting in a harsh or as noobs would say, "bouncy" ride. To put it in simple terms, the stock shocks just can't absorb the force with the GC coilover sleeves the same way it would with stock springs.

So, to fix this problem, you would have to upgrade to aftermarket shocks that have stiffer valving and adjustable damping (compression/rebound).

I hope this helps.

Catman

Thank you! Preach!

I had the Skunk2 Pro-C on my DB8 before and they weren't "bouncy" in any way. When people say that their suspension is bouncy while driving, that is because their spring rates are too stiff for the dampers that they're using. For example:

Ground-Control coilover sleeves + OEM shocks = bouncy

The increased spring rates are too overwhelming for the OEM shocks to handle. Upon compression, the OEM shocks don't have the proper valving to sustain the increased force, therefore resulting in a harsh or as noobs would say, "bouncy" ride. To put it in simple terms, the stock shocks just can't absorb the force with the GC coilover sleeves the same way it would with stock springs.

So, to fix this problem, you would have to upgrade to aftermarket shocks that have stiffer valving and adjustable damping (compression/rebound).

I hope this helps.
Right I do know that when you put aftermarket springs on oem shocks that it will create a harsh ride or less than desirable set up. But I am wanting to get a full coilover set up, NOT just the sleeves. So I'm looking in to the Skunk 2 S coilovers. I have also been looking at the Tein Basic coilovers. What's best in the price range?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Right I do know that when you put aftermarket springs on oem shocks that it will create a harsh ride or less than desirable set up. But I am wanting to get a full coilover set up, NOT just the sleeves. So I'm looking in to the Skunk 2 S coilovers. I have also been looking at the Tein Basic coilovers. What's best in the price range?
To be honest, the TEIN Basic Damper is rubbish. The springs are alright, but the dampers are horrible. They're just too soft, close to OEM. And the compression isn't that great. You'll experience dipping while braking, which you don't want. The Skunk2 Pro-S Version 2 is probably the best bang for your buck for around $600. It's pretty hard to beat.

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
Koni Yellow/GC with proper spring rates for your application > most full coilover setups
iono, i think this setup is great for daily + a slammed ride, but i usually see folks upgrading from this to a full coilover setup.

skunk2 pro-c is the SHIZNIT!!! glad i bought mines when it was only $900 @ jhpusa when they first came out :thumbs up

read up on some of the reviews, i think buddy club are a fair price for the basic coilover or maybe those k-sport or function form or watevers. :what: eventually you want to upgrade to the good stuff so might as well do it right the first time.