Koni's, adjusting strut

jimmy5o4

jimmy5o4
I heard that the koni sport yellows have a way to adjust the ride height somehow. I have eibach prokit with the konis strut in front and eibach springs with factory strut in back because I'm waiting for my other 2 to come home. The front is higher then my back. I don't mind that but my front barely lowered. My rear is lowered good. But is it true I can adjusy the front konis somehow? I have some pic on my old post.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
no need to make to threads bro...as for adjustment if they're adjustable which i think koni yellows are then there should be some sort of adjuster on the top of the strut so pop your hood and look yourself, if they're adjustable it should be clear to see. Never messed with yellows, but illuminas have their adjuster right on the top.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
He's talking about adjusting the height, not the stiffness.

They have a choice of mounting perches, 2 in front, 3 in back. I use the top perch in front and the middle perch in back and my car's level. I use the Pro Kit too.

jimmy5o4

jimmy5o4
Yeah they have adjustment for ride stifness and stuff but I was wondering cause I heard it can adjust ride height too but you have to do some kind of sheit

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
ahh heighth umm that will require some work like tegsox said, you'll have to rip back in there to get that adjusted, IMO just get rid of the eibachs and buy some ground control and match those with the koni's. you'll be much more happy

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
There are clips on the body that hold the spring perch in place. These can be set in different places to change the mounting height of the spring perch.

Hoosier Daddy

I use the Koni STR-T struts and have an Eibach Pro Kit on mine as well. Well my Eibachs are for a Civic and I bought them new. To be honest I wish I could lower the front another half an inch. Here is a pic.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Koni yellow rear shock.

See the rusty line under the silver piece? That's the lowest perch of the three perches on the rear shocks.