Kumho ecsta xs

oppi-10

yin yin
has anyone ever had these tire, im thinkin about getting them but im hoping to get some opinions on them, there just going to be used for dd, i might go to one autocross but thats it

Tyle3zy

thats what i am riding on all the time. great all around tire. not a whole lot of grip but definetly my favorite tire yet

XxCaryxX

I am using the Kumho Ecsta ASX, not the tire you mentioned but similar I think. The grip isn't that great compared to my Yokohama's but I can't complain for the price of the tire. They have lasted me 10-15K miles showing very minimal wear.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
The XS' are the low-buck option for their class. That being said, their overall grip isn't bad and they're a predictable, progressive tire. They don't have the maximum grip or wet capabilities that other tires in the class such as the Yokohama AD08's, Potenza RE-11's, or Dunlop Z1 Star Specs have. They're an acceptable budget tire for track/auto-x. I prefer the AD08's but if you go with XS' you won't be disappointed.

I am using the Kumho Ecsta ASX, not the tire you mentioned but similar I think. The grip isn't that great compared to my Yokohama's but I can't complain for the price of the tire. They have lasted me 10-15K miles showing very minimal wear.
Idk what you're smoking but the ASX is an all-season. It's not even close to the XS. My GF runs the ASX's on her Focus. They're OK for what they are but trust me, they're nowhere near what the Ecsta XS is.

Last edited:

silverteg3

my brother just bout a set of four, I guess u get what u pay for shouldnt be bad for DD.... check out onlinetires.com pretty cheap think 66 a piece.... I just bought some Falken's for a lil more

Daybid

Dump or Die.
Best dd that wont die is Federal.
Good track tires are Azeni's but S.drives are also up there.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Best dd that wont die is Federal.
Good track tires are Azeni's but S.drives are also up there.

PLEASE don't spout false information, especially on a subject as crucial as tires. Have you ever driven on a set of Azenis? Have you ever driven them on a track? Have you ever driven on track? The Azenis 615's are some of the most inconsistent and unpredictable tires on the market. Sure, their maximum grip is decent and they're cheap, but you can only run them hard for a few laps until they overheat and grease up. The S.Drives are not really track tires, they're UHP's.

I sometimes track on UHP's because 1). I'm currently using my street car and it's cheaper 2). It's fun to pwn people running Extreme performance tires with UHP's on an Integra :D

The S.Drives are a great DD/street tire and will hold their own at the track against many tires that are "better" than them - but they're still not an EP class tire. Surprisingly, the Fuzion ZRi's are very nice too - check out the Tire Rack test. The only way S.Drives will wear out exceedingly fast is if you're a good enough driver to consistently and comfortably drive them to/past their limits on the touge every weekend.

But if the OP is asking about the Kumho XS I doubt he's concerned about DD.

Last edited:

Daybid

Dump or Die.

PLEASE don't spout false information, especially on a subject as crucial as tires. Have you ever driven on a set of Azenis? Have you ever driven them on a track? Have you ever driven on track? The Azenis 615's are some of the most inconsistent and unpredictable tires on the market. Sure, their maximum grip is decent and they're cheap, but you can only run them hard for a few laps until they overheat and grease up. The S.Drives are not really track tires, they're UHP's.

I sometimes track on UHP's because 1). I'm currently using my street car and it's cheaper 2). It's fun to pwn people running Extreme performance tires with UHP's on an Integra :D

The S.Drives are a great DD/street tire and will hold their own at the track against many tires that are "better" than them - but they're still not an EP class tire. Surprisingly, the Fuzion ZRi's are very nice too - check out the Tire Rack test. The only way S.Drives will wear out exceedingly fast is if you're a good enough driver to consistently and comfortably drive them to/past their limits on the touge every weekend.

But if the OP is asking about the Kumho XS I doubt he's concerned about DD.
whoa whoa calm down much ??? my experiences with these tires arent false buddy... i just used my experience from touge with them and they work wonders. especially in summer. pretty sure if he wants real track tires he might as well get like Advans or Potenzas

genesis

tougê hêrmit
has anyone ever had these tire, im thinkin about getting them but im hoping to get some opinions on them, there just going to be used for dd, i might go to one autocross but thats it
i have them! al i have to say is that they are one of the best tires i have ever had, there only down side is that they wear out fairly quick.

oppi-10

yin yin
thanks for all the info, like i said i wont be autocrossing much or at all, but i do like going through the backroad twisties and want some alright tires,i think im goin to get them, i was kinda worried since they were kuhmo's i heard some bad things about them