KYB AGX and Ground Control Sleeves or Function Form Type 1 coilovers?

jackacc

I originally bought H&R sport springs and KYB AGX shocks but after installing them on one side of my car, I decided I would like to go alot lower. I suppose I could go with the H&R race springs but I would like the height adjustability.

2 options I have been weighing are:

1. Sell the AGX"s and the H&R's then pick up a set of Function Form Type 1 coilovers (My AGX's and H&R's are currently for sale in the buy/sell/trade area btw)

2. Keep the AGX's and pick up a set of Ground Control sleeves.

I figure the money I will lose selling my setup and buying the FF type 1's will just about equal what I would spend on GC sleeves if I kept the AGX and sold the H&R springs so it is a toss up.

Which setup would be more comforatable on the street? I had a set of tokico coilovers years ago and they were really noisy, I did not want that again. I like the dampening adjustability of the AGX-GC combo but I like the preload and height adjustment being independent of shock travel better on the Function Form T1's.

Will there be a large difference in these 2 setups? Pro's? Cons?

Any input is apreciated, thanks!

jackacc

Cool, thanks for the replies.

I was wondering though, will the GC sleeves rattle around and make noise? My tokicos rattled like crazy and it was so annoying. That is why I started using spring/shock setups on my cars after that.

I am leaning GC coil sleeves now, I have been reading some great feedback on them.

jackacc

I can't remember which Tokicos I had, they were on a 95 Accord EX coupe. They were about a grand and I think they were blue colored if I remember. It was before I was brave enough to install them myself so I think there may have been an error in installation.

Thanks for the link!!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I can't remember which Tokicos I had, they were on a 95 Accord EX coupe. They were about a grand and I think they were blue colored if I remember. It was before I was brave enough to install them myself so I think there may have been an error in installation.

Thanks for the link!!
Blue shocks... Must be the Tokico HP.