KYB GR-2 shocks

goofygamer

Hey everyone, I need some help. I'm looking to get a suspension kit for my 1994 integra gsr with a 00' front and rear end if that matters. I found one with KYB GR-2 shocks with ground control coilovers. I'm curious if anyone has had any experience with this setup or just the shock itself, any tips wild be helpful. How does it ride? Any flaws? Pros and cons? Thank you

99Integrags

If it was me I would get better shocks like kyb agx, koni yellow, tokico whites. Just because gr2's are like oem so wont last to long when used to drop the car.

goofygamer

What should I look out for when purchasing used shocks besides how many mileage the previous owner has driven on it?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
I have that exact setup. KYB GR2s with Ground Controls. The GR2's are OEM replacements, but they're made to withstand more of a drop than OEM. If I remember correctly, JDMxDB8 had this setup early on as well. No problems whatsoever. Ride quality is pretty good too. I recommend it :thumbs up

goofygamer

Sweet! Thank you! I just got them mounted on. Super smooth compared to other rockets that I've ridden in before. Thanks for the advice guys!

malachi12

how much of a drop do you have right now? would they be able to handle like a 2 inch drop? i want something a bit stiffer but not SLAMMED. not trying to Jack your thread i just figured id ask you since you have them :)

goofygamer

No problem. This thread is already finished, but so far I dropped my car about 1-1.5 inches I believe. The ride is pretty stiff compared to some other dropped cars I've been in, but it doesn't bounce crazily either. At the price I got them for, it was a steal. I'm still looking to get Koni Yellows later down the road. Be prepared because these shocks are basically OEM but a little better. A 2 inch drop might be okay, but be prepared for every little bump and tiny pot holes in the road, it will be pretty stiff.

malachi12

oh okay, thanks man! do you think they would be okay for recreational autocross? there is a place down the road from where i live and they do autocross. i love driving, i just dont wanna hurt someone with racing down backroads like an idiot..:)

goofygamer

I would prefer going with the Koni Yellows or the KYB AGX's for autocross. I feel like thats a more major thing than just a drop. I'm new to the world of suspension so I think you should ask the Suspension Gurus in here. I suggest you try PMing Samurai_blue. His signature shows him autocrossing so I'm sure he can answer your question. Sorry I wasn't of any help, but rather you be safe than listen to my inexperienced tips.