KYB GR2s with Ground Controls?

LSiNtegraDB7

I enjoy Integras.
So as you guys know, I have a nice set of Ground Controls sitting in my room. I'm waiting to buy some new shocks so I can throw 'em on. I was thinking about buying KYB GR2s and lowering 2 inches in the front and 1.75 in the back. Can the GR2s handle the drop? Also, I was thinking about buying the front GR2s used from GreenTeggy, they are 1yr old. They will hold up right?

Lend me your thoughts! :thumbs up

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
So as you guys know, I have a nice set of Ground Controls sitting in my room. I'm waiting to buy some new shocks so I can throw 'em on. I was thinking about buying KYB GR2s and lowering 2 inches in the front and 1.75 in the back. Can the GR2s handle the drop? Also, I was thinking about buying the front GR2s used from GreenTeggy, they are 1yr old. They will hold up right?

Lend me your thoughts! :thumbs up
I personally would never use GR2’s unless I had stock springs. GR2’s are more equivalent to stock shocks. I run Ground Controls with KYB AGX’s and couldn’t be happier. It’s worth the money, imo, to have that adjustability. The ride is solid on 4 and if they’re set on 1, it rides surprisingly smooth. I know I don’t need adjustable shocks for street use, but it’s nice to go hit up a few turns and get out to crank them to soft to have a comfier ride home.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
i have ground control on illumnias right now.. its pretty stiff but not HELLA stiff.. but if i were to choose any shock for gc, it would be koni's.

fyi there are 3 different koni yellows. your best bet is to get the one right before ssp3 or whatever.. its 50$ more then the normal koni yellow, but allows you to drop it more and its more stiff.

DA6righthand

Registered Badass
i have ground control on illumnias right now.. its pretty stiff but not HELLA stiff.. but if i were to choose any shock for gc, it would be koni's.

fyi there are 3 different koni yellows. your best bet is to get the one right before ssp3 or whatever.. its 50$ more then the normal koni yellow, but allows you to drop it more and its more stiff.
Yellows are nice as hell but they're pretty expensive.

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
Gr2 shocks are oem replacement shocks I do belice so it be like putting lowering springs on your oem shocks, they will blow in no time. Now if this is just tempary set up cause you want to lower your car asap and will get better shocks down the road, than get them but IMO you should save up my money for kyb agx shocks, good adjustable shocks that can handel the drop you want. Also buy new lca bolts,trust me your going to need them!

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Yellows are nice as hell but they're pretty expensive.
I have Yellows... and if you are looking to Autocross or abuse your car in any sort, then I highly suggest them.

Fun as hell, and when you're done beating the piss out of your car, you can turn them soft again for teh drive home. lolo

obd1kenobi

CI Transfomer God!
if you are going to get Kybs you gotta get AgX's

heykosal

Angkorian
I personally would never use GR2’s unless I had stock springs. GR2’s are more equivalent to stock shocks.
Gr2 shocks are oem replacement shocks I do belice so it be like putting lowering springs on your oem shocks, they will blow in no time. Now if this is just tempary set up cause you want to lower your car asap and will get better shocks down the road, than get them but IMO you should save up my money for kyb agx shocks, good adjustable shocks that can handel the drop you want. Also buy new lca bolts,trust me your going to need them!
if you are going to get Kybs you gotta get AgX's
Or Illumina's:thumbs up

or sell your gc's and save up for full coils :p
GC's are nice though. Eibach spring on good quality bases/hats.

What GC's are good for is if you're itching to lower your car ASAP but can't afford coilovers. I mean obviously it's not good to drop stock shocks, which is why everyone is suggesting their choice of aftermarket absorbers. But the thing is, if you can afford to buy GC's and shocks at the same time, you can afford full coilovers.
I had GC's on my GSR, but it was because I couldn't afford them and shocks, or coilovers.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
haha i suppose.. i still think if youre gonna go any sleeve then you should have adjustable shocks that are pretty good. but illumnias only have 5way. but then again........ if you dont track then its cool :]

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
koni shocks only fit in the KONI ground control. ONLY. koni is a different shape than the other shocks
I found that the hard way, I bought GC for my kyb shocks and they sent me GC for Koni.. found this after i pulled apart all my suspension and they didnt fit, I just went ahead and bought sp3 shocks/top hats the next day.

Daybid

Dump or Die.
Haha interesting... mine are probably normal ground control then?? but im gonna end up selling and getting full coils anyways. I MUST BE SLAMMED ! :p