Leak Disease

Amiguel6

Yup. My car got the famous leak disease from the rain. It started about 2 days ago. Its not much water, but its enough. The water build up is under my spare tire, in the trunk.

What would be the best solution to this, besides the taillight gaskets being replaced?

Thanks Guys

Theasian

Did it get water in the trunk just sitting or while driving. Trick I do is water based paint paint a line bellow problem areas. Like the tail lights. If the leak is from the tail lights you will see a run in your paint

Amiguel6

I'm sure it's from driving. That's a good idea. Like the type of paint you use for coloring books right?

Murphy

Meat Master
Silicon is your friend. You don't have to replace the gaskets, just glue them back on with silicon and line them with silicon. The rubber lining in your hatch might have one leak on each side. It's not the lining itself, but a weld that creates a depression under the lining, just line it off with silicon.

Amiguel6

Thanks. I also noticed a damp spot on my passenger floorboard. Where is that water coming from?

96LSteg

Jemel
from my understanding that is also the sunroof drain tube. it runs down the A Pillar on the passenger side and exits somewhere in that wheel well. I havent tracked it down and cleaned it out or even made sure it was connected for that matter. but according to Nick4dei thats where it is

Amiguel6

So I fixed the gaskets. My Left tail light is where water was coming in. Once I pulled the left one off, Hella water dumped out. My Right tail light was dry..no wet spots anywhere. I lined them both up really good with clear waterproof silicone. So let's see what happens.

The sun roof has two drain tubes. If you open it up they are under those plastic clips that go over the rails.
The tubes exit in your wheel well underneath your fenders.

That's for a coupe, I haven't checked to see if I have rear ones or where they exit on my hatch.