leak in my 90 integra

dakattak

hello
just seeing if someone out there could help me to diagnose a leak, i dont have money for a mechanic and am a DIY kinda guy. Just bought a 90 integra and while i was changing the front right wheel studs i noticed red fluid forming drips around a few bolts directly behind the wheel well, also a pretty dirty looking line attaching close to said bolts, all in all trying to get this puppy running good and clean ya know ? any feed back is appreciated. thank you for your time.
[/URL][/IMG]

Ganyon

Red fluid is usually transmission fluid. Sounds like its the rear main seal. I could be wrong though.

dakattak

do you know what the line is called possibly? and the rear main seal is the crankshaft seal right?

Ganyon

The line is maybe the shift linkage or whatever its called. I'm not entirely sure what else the rear main seal is called. I'm just going off of what people have previously dealt with. I would clean everything off really good under there and see what else is going on. I wish I could help more. More knowledgable people are usually away on the weekends or on late at night.

Amiguel6

The line is maybe the shift linkage or whatever its called. I'm not entirely sure what else the rear main seal is called. I'm just going off of what people have previously dealt with. I would clean everything off really good under there and see what else is going on. I wish I could help more. More knowledgable people are usually away on the weekends or on late at night.
The freaks come out at night :lol:

Ganyon

Lol. Oh god. This website is telling me something. There's an add right above the reply box that says "cj bmw service and repair".

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
The line is your shift linkage, there's no fluid in that, it's just a steal rod.

You need to clean ALL of that fluid off if you want to figure out where its leaking from, it's a mess right now.

It could just be a valve cover gasket, or the distributor O-ring, or cam seal; any oil leaking from the top of the motor will run down, and while driving forward will cause it to be slung to the back.

But if the fluid is red it's probably transmission fluid, it looks like an auto.

Last edited:

dakattak

Yea It sure is a mess and it is an auto, thank you for the feed back guess I'll get to cleaning haha

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Imports>>>>> euros
You must have driven some shitty VW or are just regurgitating some idiots opinion.

Not to be a dick but European cars are imports too
Seriously, the BMWs and Mercedes I had were fantastic, granted maintenance was more money, it was worth it when I could afford it. The ride, dynamics, ergonomics, were all 10x better than the Japanese cars that I've had since.

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
You must have driven some shitty VW or are just regurgitating some idiots opinion.

Seriously, the BMWs and Mercedes I had were fantastic, granted maintenance was more money, it was worth it when I could afford it. The ride, dynamics, ergonomics, were all 10x better than the Japanese cars that I've had since.
Maintenance and part costs and the only reason I drive a Japanese car