Leak in the driver side floorboard

TheRage

That guy.
Any idea of locations that could be the result? it is ONLY my driver side floor board and its under the Mat perfectly,I'm going to take the locations you guys give me and sorta do it by like a checklist format.

Crazy125

I got the same problem but on my passenger side. Can it be from corrosion building up underneath the car?

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
Easy and cheap fix, for the most part. Good starting point, lol

comptech808

i just got my gsr coupe and i got that exact same problem its the whole drivers side that leaks. my floorboard is soaked HELP!

TheRage

That guy.
It is water,I did the white towel trick to check for coolant and it's dirty rain water,although the smell of coolant is strong when on a hill.

FlyinRyan

DC5 Fireball
I'd check your master cylinders. look up under the dash where the pedal mechanisms go into the firewall. A lot of Hondas get leaks in the clutch master cylinders. It's a pretty easy fix and the part would be around $80.

edit: reading fail.
If it's water, check it when it's raining and see if you can find a trail of water to see where your seals are bad. My guess would be the seal around your door.

fibe1s

i had that problem . it turned out to be the "cowl" the part where the windshield wipers are.
water gets in because of the weather stripping corrodes away. i was getting water in the passanger side to because water would get in through the heater core.

TheRage

That guy.
i had that problem . it turned out to be the "cowl" the part where the windshield wipers are.
water gets in because of the weather stripping corrodes away. i was getting water in the passanger side to because water would get in through the heater core.
The tray,so to speak? like the area where your excess water is supposed to drain to the road in front of your windshield,if so,would that cause it to the location of the heater core and to the top of the pedal area?

dlo253

Bump! Instead of making another thread...
a friend I work with is having this issue with her 96 right now. Her passenger side floorboard is drenched. I saw somebody mention sumthn about the cowl? So, is it basically like the infamous g2 cowl leak? If so, do you just replace the clear grommet things and the weather stripping stuff, like the DAs?

Last edited:

tegjunior

1999 Acura Integra LS 3rd gen.

This where the water collects the driver side floor.

as you can see the trail of water, i found out it wasn't my drain tube... it was small cracks that were in my firewall inside where the engine goes.

so i applied some type of seal and that was my problem so no more water!!

Last edited: