Leakage

mjones73

The black plug in the side of the head? It's known as a cam plug or cam seal. You can find billet replacements or just pick up a new OEM one.

It does involve pulling the valve cover and some parts beneath it to replace.

Last edited:

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Yes it is that black round plug on the side of the head above the radiator hose that I'm asking about...is this something that I can get from the auto part store or only from dealer? Is this hard to take out and replace? And is this something that I need to worry about and replace it right away, will it affect the engine or car performance? Thanks.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
it wont effect performance, and its a dealer only part unless you buy from skunk2 or blox etc. But ive had my OEM one in for 2 years and its fine. Also its easy to take off jsut get a flat head and pry it off.

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Oh okay...so its as easy as popping it out and popping the new cap in? I just found a thread/how to on the forum here where the showed taking the valve cover off, torque this and that. Cause if that's the case I'm kinda SOL. LOL.

Cripton805

it wont effect performance, and its a dealer only part unless you buy from skunk2 or blox etc. But ive had my OEM one in for 2 years and its fine. Also its easy to take off jsut get a flat head and pry it off.
Really? My buddy told me It was more extensive than that. lol

Knice

Live & Die by Integras
Yes CRIP it's more extensive than just popping it out and popping the new one in...went to the dealer yesterday and bought the new cam seal/plug ($13 + including taxes). Asked the dealer and he stated I have to take the valve cover off and the whole work. I'm not sure what to do since I have no torque wrench and all (never done anything like this before). Hmm...what to do what to do???