Leaking coolant, Need Help

Undead4Life

1989 Integra
I just bought a 1992 Integra. I got it home and the radiator just started pissing fluid. I drove it home and it was fine. the temperature was perfect and nothing was happening that would give me any reason to think that there was a problem.

Can somebody give me an idea of what could be wrong with it and why it would be doing that?

If you know of anybody who would possibly have the part that i need would be greatly appreciated to give me a deal on the part.

mirrorimg

You need to determine the source of the leak. If its a hose, a hose needs to be replaced. If the end tanks of the radiator are leaking, the radiator needs to be replaced.

You can leak for a while and not overheat. It is only when there is not enough coolant in the system to circulate that the coolant temps start to rise and you overheat.

mirrorimg

Why would it have not shown any signs that it was over heating?
You can leak for a while and not overheat. It is only when there is not enough coolant in the system to circulate that the coolant temps start to rise and you overheat.
My system leaked for a while, although it doesnt sound like it was as bad as your leak, but I just topped it off every now and again.

Undead4Life

1989 Integra
Ok. So you dont think that it has anything to do with the fans, thermostat or anything like that, just a hose?

Last edited:

mirrorimg

A leak is because of a break in a hose or a seal that went bad in the radiator. If youre leaking, then no, its not a fan problem (electrical) or thermostat problem.

You really need to get in there and see where the leak is from, maybe take some pictures and we can tell you how to fix it.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
A leak is because of a break in a hose or a seal that went bad in the radiator. If youre leaking, then no, its not a fan problem (electrical) or thermostat problem.

You really need to get in there and see where the leak is from, maybe take some pictures and we can tell you how to fix it.
x2

mirrorimg

I get my hoses from the dealer (A dealer based in florida that sells parts online) at AcuraOEMParts.com. I picked up an aftermarket aluminum radiator on ebay, but an OEM replacement one from the dealer will probably suity you just fine.

newkid

screw autozone the workers ther were i live are dumb asses. yesterday i walked in and said i need a test light. guy at counter says what is a test light.lol. plz tell me u people no what a test light is.lol

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
screw autozone the workers ther were i live are dumb asses. yesterday i walked in and said i need a test light. guy at counter says what is a test light.lol. plz tell me u people no what a test light is.lol
i have a snap on one

newkid

i just needed a cheap one to fix my moms 84 thunderbird. i showed him what a test light was and was like oh ok i juess we do have them. he so fuck retarded.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i just needed a cheap one to fix my moms 84 thunderbird. i showed him what a test light was and was like oh ok i juess we do have them. he so fuck retarded.
:what:

and auto zone sells good parts. Its just who they hire are hit or miss but their coolant supplies are up to par