Leaking 'Mahle KL 287' fuel filter. ( Leak )

K3Ntegra

I replaced the fuel filter, less than 20,000 miles / 1.5 years ago. I had recently replaced all 4 fuel injectors yesterday, because according to my mechanic, the Check Engine Light (CEL) p1399 was due to 1 defective injector. My fuel economy took a nose dive recently. Google search says, the code could be due to the distributor's ignition coil.

Here's an image of the fuel filter yesterday, after driving the car for 10 minutes.

As one can see, the leak isn't coming from the bango bolt. I've been smelling very bad gas fumes in the cabin of my car for a while now, a I was assumed it was due to the old fuel injectors. I'll have to drive around a bit more to confirm, if the new ones resolve it.

After installing the new fuel injectors, I turned on the car to inspect leaks at the injectors, and thankfully there was none, nor was there at the fuel filter. I forgot to re-check the filter after driving 5-10 minutes back home.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and how they would go about to ensure it doesn't happen again?

Edit 1:

I forgot to mention, yesterday it was icy and the temp was around 34F.

Today, it's around 55F. I rev'd the car up and drove around 8 minutes. These are pics.

Last edited: