leaky clutch master?

rexpepper123

so ive been noticing my clutch fluid has been going down a tiny bit over a while and i noticed this!

so i take it my master is going bad? i also noticed sometimes in reverse or forward gears sometimes the clutch will engage almost at the floor. is this fairly easy to replace? my slave looks pretty beat up an rusty as well. they seem rather cheap under 50 dollars for both.

KevvvinoOo

i got the same problem if your low on fluid, i'd add a little and pump your clutch a few times, should be fine for a while but definitely get it replaced. my master cylinder looks the same and im actually replacing it today, i'm just not sure whether aftermarket would have the same outcome as oem but im going with a centric aftermarket cmc.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had to replace mine at 108K in my '95, exactly 10 years ago this month according to my records, heh.

It's part # 46920-ST7-A01

$50 is a darn good price, is it refurbished and/or not OEM? Mine cost $87 brand new, it's OEM from Acura. Regular price was $107 but I got a discount through my work.

rexpepper123

i donno! i got mine at autzone for 52 with the slave. i replaced them on saterday. i did make one mistake an didnt have the metal rod for the slave in the right spot and it ended up exploding lol but i returned it to autozone an got another now everything works great! clutch peddle feel is way better a little stiffer. just needs a little adjusting. the ones i saw online were extremely cheap.. the slave cylinder was 6.50 and the master i thing was like 17.89 or something.