LEDs in turn signals and tail lights?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you need a resistor for the turn signals or they will flash super fast like your blinker fluid is low. i have led tails

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
autozone they only sell the bigger bulbs in red. you need to go to ebay for the whit ones i forget the bulb number 1157 i think?

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I went crazy with led's a couple years ago. not on my car, but was just having fun with them .lol

they do make bulbs you can get. I have some for my plate lights. I kinda like those in the tail lights tho. might do that to match the wing lights - good call. lol

I cant find a picture, but they look cool. lol

Ch_n0

ive done it! and yes your turn signal will blink really fast with leds and as for the tail they are really bright. I like them better than the regular bulbs

WAR 178

Premium User
I have red led tails, and amber blinkers. Had em in for 3 years and I love the fact that my turn signals blink faster than normal. Its great for quick lane changes on the highway lol. but I know tha Autozone tends to only have certain colors. I got mine at Pep Boys and they had white,red,yellow. Note: I kept my orig bulbs for going thru inspection, cause the fast blinkers will cause you to fail at a dmv.

SirClints

SirClints
Has anyone tried this? I am thinking about putting led bulbs all the way around.
I have Led's ALL around in my car (even interior lights and trunk lights)... except for my HIDs and my fogs...
and you can get most of the LED's from ebay...
I also have a LED Flasher relay for the indicators (3 prong from V-leds.com)
They look and work Fantastic

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
^^ do you have a relay in just every blinker socket? I think I'm gunna do this if I keep the teg.. lol

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I've never looked at the wire diagram cause I havent considered this until right now. lol

is it just one flasher or one for each side?

SirClints

SirClints
Its just one Relay... I had to do a little mod to it tho...
Honda makes their relay smaller than standard so the LED Flasher relay didnt pop right in so I used male and female connectors and wired it in to the slot (hope I explained that right, lol)