legal integras???

XTurboAcuraX

i have noticed that when people mod their cars they don't seem to worry about whether some of the stuff is legal or not. like the clear corner turnlights. those are illegal as far as i know. they look cool as hell though. and the blue head lights on the newbie car. i think that those are illegal too. anyway i'm not trying to be a pain in the ass i just wanna know whether cops care about stuff like this. i mean look at cardomain.com. many of those cars have illegal stuff that makes them look awesome, but what about the law???? it's not like i'm a very good boy and $hit. i'm curious.

ca86108

depends where u live, depends wheter or not racing is hot in ur city... if theres alot of races and its a big issue on ur city they will crack down on u.. but not for exterior mods like lights... more like mods done to ur engine... my boy got pulled over cuz he had a orange mazdaspeed protege.. he was runnin like 13's with a shit load of stuff. and copp wrote him a ticket and now he gotta pass emissions which he wont

XTurboAcuraX

engine mods huh? how can cops tell what you got under the hood?
i live in northern california. there are not many truly modded cars here. actually there are almost none. i once saw a hatchback civic that had the apexi sticker on it. it sounded pretty good so i'm guessing he's got an apexi exhaust. anyway there's some ricers here but it doesn't really look like there are a lot of modded cars.

BossPlaya510

wel im from CALI. emissions n smogz a bitch here.. but it stil depends what city ns tuf you live in.... here most cops trip over clear lights and loud muffler.. i got 2 state ref tickets that i havnt cleard yet.. and 1 of em was because my intake dint have a carb sticker.. so cops are pretty strict here in nor. cal...

MoJoJoJo

Banned
thats why you should alwasy check wat your getting, not all Intakes are CARB legal, check all your parts before buying them and installing them. unless you have hook ups at a inspection place. alot of stuff is illegal, like dark tint, anything pass 35% on front side windows are illegal, HID that is not OEM is illegal, etc...(Texas Law, I dunno bout your State) but really the cops wont mess wit you unless you give them a reason too, loud music, loud exhaust, big bodykits and lights and stuff like that, that will give them a target. if your not annoying them, they will pretty much leave you alone.

Spectacula Acura

Location location location best idea would be do your research, as far as the others saying dont give them a reason I think thats BS Im a huge book worm but drive a modded car and i get shit bc they say crap like you have a plate light out and then cite you for this and this. I say challenge everything, take no crap and break the profile! even if you have a 50 state exhaust system you still will take crap from cops.
Peace AB 8)

MoJoJoJo

Banned
couple months ago, me a couple friends were driving to the beach and a cop pulled one of my friends over, he had HID(illegal in my state), lowered to the floor, full bodykit, underbody neon(illegal in my state)etc....and yet he just got a warning for burnt out. however i'll also been in situations where a cop gave my friend a ticket becuz he was being stupid, had his speakers blasting, and rev hard, which caught the cops attendtion. fact of the matter is, if your acting like a fool your gonna cause yourself alot of problems

XTurboAcuraX

this morning when i was rollin to school i saw a black toyota avalon with stock rear lights. these lights had clear turnlight lenses. the outside of the turnlight was white, but when the dude hit the turnsignal the light blinked yellow. i'm guessing - white lenses and yellow bulbs. oh and tegs look cool with clear turnlights too.

Todd

token ex-mod
there are so many laws/regulations about motor vehicles that if a cop spent his time and searched he can usually find atleast 3 things that are illegal on a bone stock brand new car.... if a cop wants to give you a ticket, he'll find something to give you a ticket for. the secret is not to draw negative attention... actually no attention from cops at all is best

wannabejdm

usualy cops dont care in new jersey, unless you have laod exhuast. My friend got pulled over for laod exhuast and got a 60 dollar ticket, then they hit him with another one for no front license plate...... :roll:

MoJoJoJo

Banned
yea they leave you alone if you dont give them a reason to bother you. my old car i had a Apexi N1, and that is a rather loud exhuast, i drove behind cops, next to cops, even infront of cops, but i neva really gave them a reason to pull me over. its just really bad luck that sometimes a cop will pull you over when your not doing anything wrong.