Legit question

cody110

Integra Atheist
Alright so here is the deal i picked up a gsr trans and and the guy told me everything was fine i swapped it out and the 3rd gear syncro is on its way out just grinds a bit at about 5k no pop outs also its kinda hard to shift from 2 to 1 is it worth fixing or should i just get a used one with low miles? i have looked up the cost for a syncro kit and if i do take it in to get it fixed i might as well do them all averages from 400 to 700 for a rebuild kit:(

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
should of saved up the money to buy from a reputable dealer so you wouldnt have ran into that problem.

so your options are:

1. buy another used gsr tranny, for about 600+ (but you wont be sure it is in good condition, unless you buy from a dealer, then the price will be more)
2. or buy the rebuild kit and for 400-700 and know everything will last for a long time cuz it was rebuilt.

if it was me, i would probably rebuild it if i wanted to keep it, knowing it will last. if you dont wanna keep it, sell it and buy another one or get a jdm one with lsd ( youd have to save up for one of those lol)

cody110

Integra Atheist
ya i think i might keep it and rebuild it rather then wasting more money lol the jdm trans your talking about with lsd is around 1400 right? what exactly does lsd mean i have never looked into it lol

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
lsd =limited slip differential=better cornering :thumbs up

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
yeah no joke. ive been looking for a gsr tranny but i get cautions when i see one on craigslist here in portland. id would rather save up and buy one from a reputable source...but yeah i think it would be more beneficial if you rebuilt it.. or sold for another one that you know is in good working condition. GSRs and B16s trannys are usually beat to hell if you can get one for cheap... thats just my opinion though.

cody110

Integra Atheist
i could always take the trans back and toss it at his window and demand my money back LOL seams fair!