Let the noob bashing begin!

santi826

Noob Build Questions

To start with I know that there are all you guys that are subject matter experts that can search everything on this website and find all you need or at least know it all(literally). But I don't and am currently deployed so I don't have much time to sit and search so please bare with me.

Okay now that that is out of the way here is my situation: I used to own a 2006 Acura RSX Type-S but sold it once I got married and now I have a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP. But now both my wife and I have deployed and have our bank accounts sitting pretty fat I have been granted a 10K budget for a project car and I want to do a third gen Integra. After much picking of the brains of those around me I wanted to get opinions and advice from all you that have and/or know about this certain car more than those around me.

Currently I am thinking of getting a third gen with a good body and good interior and do a B18C5 swap from hmotorsonline. My buddies have been telling me that prior to installing the package that I should throw in solid motor mounts, short-throw shifter, a four or six pad clutch, and light flywheel. I have future aspirations of boosting the car but not in the near future so I was thinking of having a list of parts that included an intake, intake manifold, headers, cat back exhaust, and lowering springs for the time being. Looking at the near future Tein coilovers, sound system, and a JDM front end conversion kit from hmotorsonline.

Pretty much what I am looking for here is from your experience to let me know if I’m headed in the right direction and/or what you would change or certain preferred parts. Thanks for all your time and help, look forward to joining the ranks again of the DC’s

Last edited:

jznsn2u

Welcome to club integra. good luck with your build, keep us updated with plenty of pictures

choyoyoing

How you like my v-tec?
Welcome to club integra. good luck with your build, keep us updated with plenty of pictures
jznsn2u - Duude....he was asking for our opinions on whether he is going in the right direction as far as building his car. :lol:

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
good plan, and budget, you should be able to find a clean stock teg for 5-7k try to buy from old people hahah

santi826

good plan, and budget, you should be able to find a clean stock teg for 5-7k try to buy from old people hahah
Well my 10K limit is including the car haha so im looking at getting a nice one hopefully for 3K and my buddy wants the engine and said he'd buy it for a 1K. so with that and the itr motor swap i'll have 3K left over for parts. I just need advice if the parts im looking at getting are the right things or if there is something better out there that i haven't ran across yet.

B18C5 from hmotorsonline w/
Hasport Motor Mounts
ACT Prolie Flywheel
ACT Heavy Duty Sprung 6 Puck Clutch
Dunno Yet on an intake
Edelbrock Performer X Intake Manifold
Edelbrock Performer X 65mm Throttle Body
DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic shorty with exhaust wrap
HKS Hi-Power Exhaust(owned it on my RSX and it had a beautiful sound)

This is what I think I'll get to start off with, followed with suspension and brakes later and audio thanks for the help!

Last edited:

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
your plans sound good! hell I'd be happy with the itr motor swap alone! lol.. first thing I'd concentrate on would be suspension. then go on to your list of goodies, but you could wait to get the edelbrock IM and TB until you decide if you're gonna build on the motor IMO. good luck! keep us updated once you get it started!

santi826

The reason I'm kind of eager to get this car moving fast first is because since my other car is a G8 GXP it's got an LS3 V8 in it so im pushing 415hp and tq at the crank stock and I am used to that power so i want it to boogie as fast if not faster than that.

But inregards to your comment would you recommend straight coilovers off the bat? or springs and struts suspension and brakes are the things i dont really have a grasp on yet.

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
I think you should either just buy a clean ITR or buy a clean LS and have Endyn build you a complete aftermarket motor. Have MFactory put together a trans with LSD and custom gearing.

With your budget I wouldn't even consider the plan you've put forward. It's just so typical and ultimately it leads you to a dead end. You're going to waste all this money on a JDM ITR motor which isn't that great for boost, and all these NA parts that will have to be replaced when you go turbo...

Just buy a GSR and an Edelbrock turbo kit. Put the rest of the money into body and paint, rim restoration, and ITR suspension and seats.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
B18C5 from hmotorsonline w/
Hasport Motor Mounts
ACT Prolie Flywheel

ACT Heavy Duty Sprung 6 Puck Clutch
-no need for a 6-puck. you'll ruin your tranny from the hardcore engagement

Dunno Yet on an intake
-AEM CAI if you need carb numbers

Edelbrock Performer X Intake Manifold
-not needed unless you have internals, youre just wasting money

Edelbrock Performer X 65mm Throttle Body
DC Sports 4-1 Ceramic shorty with exhaust wrap

HKS Hi-Power Exhaust(owned it on my RSX and it had a beautiful sound)
had one on my S14, loud and deep
buddy had one on his DC2 (GSR) loud and ricey for some reason
i'd suggest, if you like that deep tone, Apex'i N1

where you stationed at??

DB7xsjado

Old Skool
But inregards to your comment would you recommend straight coilovers off the bat? or springs and struts suspension and brakes are the things i dont really have a grasp on yet.
full coilovers would be my first choice if it were in my budget..adjustable height and stiffness. kinda depends what you wanna spend

DOLCECULLO

Detailer
for that budget i would buy a fairly clean GSR, then build the fawk out of the motor. As long as you bulk everything up when you build it you can turbo it down the road without having to worry about breaking things. Plus its nice that you have another vehicle to drive around while you have the motor apart.