List of things to try while driving!

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
I don't see anything weird about it. I thought it would be fun to generate a list of things people have done while driving so that others could try it out as well. Is that so wrong? Instead I just get attacked for stuff not related to this thread... I just wish forum rules were actually enforced on this site, not sure why we have any at all. I'm on several forums and this one seems to allow the greatest amount of trolling. Calling someone "annoying" on some of the other forums, I have seen result in closed threads and banned accounts. Here, someone can tell you to "go kill yourself" and there are no consequences.
The "community" here turned this thread into what it became, this is not what I was intending. It's fun to joke around but I know many of them do it to insult me when I have done nothing to deserve such treatment. But as much as I try to be respectful towards others, it is not reciprocated.
Yes there are consequences for telling someone to kill them selves besides it being morally wrong. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100514/0044209421.shtml

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
You b**** and moan about how much you dislike this site and the people that make it, yet you're still here 3 years later?
I sure don't come here for people like you. I've written several How-To's because I like to help people. I like the site and I like parts of the community here. The hate and trolling is what bothers me, it's not necessary and as the rules say, if you have a personal problem with someone, PM them, don't just spam their threads.

Just don't take it so personally man. Sticks and stones.

'94 Teg FTW.
You my friend, at the young age of 18, seem much more mature than many on this site who are older than you. I try not to take it personally but their hateful intentions are personal.Thank you for your support.

Yes there are consequences for telling someone to kill them selves besides it being morally wrong. http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100514/0044209421.shtml
Considering there is a post on the first page asking me to jump off a bridge, who ever is supposed to be moderating this stuff is not doing so.

All I ask if for people to follow the rules, if you have a personal problem with me, then send me a PM.

dlo253

Whats weird about telling people to endanger theirs, and other innocent people's lives? You need to get your f***in head checked out if you think thats okay. Bbbbut I said "at your own risk" right? Cmon now. The thread could be okay if the list wasnt filled with ignorant s*** that should not be attempted. Don't get so butthurt dude. Dont think any of us have a personal problem with you, we dont personally know you. We do however, have a problem with you egging people on to put them and bystanders in harms way. You gotta understand where im coming from, no?

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
I sure don't come here for people like you. I've written several How-To's because I like to help people. I like the site and I like parts of the community here. The hate and trolling is what bothers me, it's not necessary and as the rules say, if you have a personal problem with someone, PM them, don't just spam their threads.
Aww... Someone missed their yoga class this morning.

If you want a more strict site that doesn't let people have a bit of fun... Try Team Integra.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Dont think any of us have a personal problem with you, we dont personally know you. We do however, have a problem with you egging people on to put them and bystanders in harms way. You gotta understand where im coming from, no?
No, you don't know me personally so why do you think it's okay to insult me? Cyber-bullying is a real thing, people kill themselves over it.
And I do get where you are coming from and my intentions are not to pressure anyone into doing anything. In fact, the Auto-Tech professors I had in college told us that we should go out to an open area and get our ABS systems to engage. Not only is this fun but it prepares you for a real emergency, you gain further experience as to how your car will respond. Be responsible about the stuff on the list, it really isn't hard...

If you want a more strict site that doesn't let people have a bit of fun... Try Team Integra.
I was on TeamIntegra but their owner is highly abusive of his authority. There are several posts and sites floating around online about this. I've been on Honda-Tech for a long time too and haven't experienced there what I have here.
People can have their fun, some of the posts in this thread are funny, but I don't like the personal attacks.

dlo253

Okay well at least remove #1.... how is that beneficial? How did I personally insult you? How am I cyber bullying? I merely said you should seek medical attention if you feel it is okay to encourage people to do stupid s***. Mainly #1. I do agree on testing abs in an area where it would be safe (yet still most likely illegal) to do so. Those are good things to know, rather than learning during some sort of incident. I don't want you to kill yourself, so don't. But I would appreciate a second thought before posting certain things. Ie, driving with no lights on in the dark, and equally dangerous things that gain no real skill from attempting. You gotta realize people are stupid. They see this list, and maybe they want to test the abs without checking the rearview to see the semi right behind them. Boom, dead. Stupid I know, but kids these days need specification. Maybe add that too, rather than try at your own risk where ever they may decide to do so.

And on another note. Dont get so butthurt over smartass replies and rules not getting enforced. You've been here since 2010, you know we screw with each other. Take it as the jokes they are rather than misinterpreting it as an attack on you.

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
Add go 95 mph down a dirt road and catch air over a crest to the list, it worked for Equinox.

Oh, wait......he easily could have died and it's a miracle he was able to walk away from his car after it went sideways into a tree at about 70mph.

I can understand dicking around in the snow in an empty parking lot, partly because of extremely low grip making maneuvers and drifts very easy, and partly because speeds don't really get above 15-20mph so if anything were to go wrong injury and damage would be minimal (compared to wet asphalt at least)

You're suggesting that drivers with very little to no experience attempt these dangerous maneuvers in uncontrolled conditions just by having this list. Skid-pads are made for a reason, and it's to preform these maneuvers under controlled conditions with a professional driver either behind the wheel or giving instruction.