Long or short radiator

self

DA squad.
Just wondering if we can slip in a short radiator and fan like the one that comes in the civic or are we stuck to use the long one that comes in the teg?

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
I've seen people using the Civic slim and half size radiators in our cars. IDK if it's considered "safe" but it's been done.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you can, the Mishimoto Dual core or the Mishimoto X line would cool the car enough, the team uses them on their time attack evo (half sized radiator)

The Civic "half size" radiator and the Integra "full size" both have the same coolant capacity(at least the stock ones do). I would imagine the increased surface area of the Integra radiator allows for better cooling, but I have seen many people run the half size radiators in Integras without issue.
The issue you'd run into is where to mount your AC. That is, if you have it.

Edit: The other issue would be moving the drivers side radiator mount over.

Last edited:

guiltyxxspark

Internet Hate Machine
The Civic "half size" radiator and the Integra "full size" both have the same coolant capacity(at least the stock ones do). I would imagine the increased surface area of the Integra radiator allows for better cooling, but I have seen many people run the half size radiators in Integras without issue.
The issue you'd run into is where to mount your AC. That is, if you have it.
Not all of us are lucky enough to have AC.

Prozon

Kris
I see people putting Civic half radiators in Integra's all the time. Two things to think about though is to get a dual core civic radiator and I think the inlet/outlets on the civic radiators are smaller. I've heard of people using a civic radiator hose to "sleeve" them so the Integra hoses will fit on them fine.

Might double check that though..

self

DA squad.
yea, i removed the a/c and power steering. so the space isnt a issue.
its about that time i replace my radiator i figured i'd try to swap it for a half size.

thanks for the input homies.
team work makes the dream work lOl.

1Teggy

sleeper
Just installed my half size radiator yesterday..no over heating problems at all and the same radiator hose size as the civic

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
kinda late but Im using my $90 stock civic radiator (in my civic) with a b18b1.. works fine, even with prolonged hard driving. regular hose clamps make up the size diff.

JDMasfck

I run an ALL in Fab tucked radiator w/o a fan and I have cooler temps then OEM. I have since put a fan on it for the long trips I have coming up incase I get stuck in traffic or something.