looking for a GSR

chriskarel

Hey guys I want to get rid of my car payment and pick up a 94-01 GSR for around $3-$5k. there are 2 good examples locally right now, but I am just wondering how to prove it's a real GSR. I know they have 30(?) more hp than the other 2 model integras....so if the car is painfully slow, then it's not a GSR? lol....any other clues to look for?

any other tips on car searching in general......like common problems, rust ares, etc? I have a Civic Si now, so I know a fair amount about inline 4 Hondas....but I'm no expert at all.

thanks guys.

deeceetwofreak

Look at the vin, on the firewall or bottom right windshield.. will either say jh4dc2(2door).... or jh4db8(4 door)... also block will say b18c1, and valve cover will say something like "VTEC just kicked in yo!" VIN is the only true way to tell if its a gsr, not just engine swap.

chriskarel

would u guys recommend these cars as a DD? reliable like a Civic, but a little faster/better looking right?

deeceetwofreak

DD all day long. It's still a honda no matter what so it's very reliable. As with anything treat it right, it'll treat you right. I DD my gsr and no problems at all(besides what the previous owner screwed up).

chriskarel

would you guys trust any kind of GSR or Type R swap into a lower model Teg.....or should I look hard for a clean, unmolested GSR?

Teggy64

Got vtec?
It's best to have a clean original gsr or type r, but if the car looks clean, the swap was done well and the engine is solid I'd have no issue buying a swap.