looking for a new head unit

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Well im tired of having to choose between a radar or my sub and amp and have decided to look for a new radio. I want something that looks like it actually belongs in the car. Nothing fancy just simple like the oem one. I hate the glossy ones that most people have and would like something flat black if possible or cf is ok also. The only things i need are a usb slot and or an aux input. Anyone have a suggestion?

Last edited:

drevans_satx

Dylan
Go to crutchfield.com and look through those please. There are way too many aftermarket stereos.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

XslickwhitetegX

UKDM EXPERT
how much your looking to spend? I love my apline 9887 (its a few yrs old) but it has the great options to make your system sound great. but ive never seen a cf headunit.

drevans_satx

Dylan
JDM itr OEM radio. The one made by gathers is faux carbon fiber...bit its abolutly crazy to spend the amount of money to buy it. So over priced.

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Sorry forgot to add price. Looking to spend no more than $175. Cf is not a must have just a thought, I've never actually seen a cf one either. Dylan, I took a look at the site you linked but everything there's pretty much what I've already seen.

Last edited:

drevans_satx

Dylan
Lol well you could also look at sonicelectronix.com as well but I'm pretty sure they'll just have the same stuff.

For your price point you can get some damn good radios. Unfortunately most aftermarket is full of lights and crap but most let you choose the color of the light. Also they're pretty much all gloss.

drevans_satx

Dylan
The only CF radio I've ever seen.

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
I nabbed a Pioneer DH6400BT at bestbuy about 9 months back for under 200... HAs all the inputs, all the outs & Bluetooth that supports phone and Audio...

nice head unit if you ask me and have had 0 issues.