Looking for a RWD car

GSRIntegra

I don't know if this is in the right place.

I'm looking for a RWD car. I'm not looking to spend a whole lot of money.

I intend to use it for street and learning to drift.

Here are my choices so far. If you know of another RWD, please, let me know.

S13 240sx hatchback
FC Mazda Rx7 or FD if cheap (doubt it though)
300ZX
BMW M3

I haven't driven any of these vehicles and don't know of anyone who has one to test drive.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
There are a lot of other RWD cars. You don't wanna learn in the 300zx; they're heavy and not balanced well. And they don't have the greatest suspension setup in the world. I used to have one and it had a lot of issues when the tail went sideways.

You're not gonna find a cheap FD EVER, but N/A FC's will go for 1-2k. They might need some TLC but they're cheaper than 240's.

There's also the AE86 Corolla, 350z, a bunch of other cheaper BMW's than the M3, and a fuckton of domestics (Mustang, Camaro, etc).

khurley424

ive seen some pretty decent deals on used lotus esprit's, but those can be lots of work mechanically. and i also know you can pick up some of the older porsche models relatively cheap.

ric3rboi23

touge beast
everybody is doing this now so the cheap rwd cars are going up in price, you're probably best finding a roughed up 240 or even an fc3s and learning in that. they're cheap, replacement parts are cheap, aftermarket support is good, and there are enough people with them doing the same thing you can get help if you need it.

speedin

The Transporter
Id say American muscle is going to be your best bang for the buck, and solid rear axles love to go sideways. All the drift fan boys are still splooging on the 240's and FD/FC's (thus causing a underpowered truck engine car from the 90's to go for over $6k!! LOL) and not many have ventured American. Ex police Camaro SS's are dirt cheap and potent. Only downside is there auto, but to be fair its a very good auto... But yea 90's muscle will be your cheapest, and getting them sideways isnt a problem. Their parts are MUCH MUCH cheaper than the imports, they make great sounds, and can be had very cheap.

Last edited:

slacker

Slackin since '88
I say get the 240. I had one, loved it. If not the 240 I say get a mid 90's mustang, they kick out pretty easy. If you do go with 240 I have an sr20 in my garage if you want to buy it.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
My brother says the M3 is like a helicopter. 2 hours of maitenance to every hour of use. so id say go with the 240 or mid 90s american muscle.