Looking for some suggestions

Taco

My 99 GSR sedan came with the Eibach proline shocks and springs

I bottom out a lot, i've never like progressive springs and i feel that my problem is partially due to them being progressive

its like they are too soft so when you hit big bumps by the time you get enough travel to get to the rated spring rate they are about to bottom anyway

basically the overall ride isnt bad, except for bigger dips and bumps when you end up bottoming.

should i maybe try a better shock that might firm it up a bit, or should i go with some different springs? maybe a new spring / shock combo?

i'm ok with it sitting a little higher, but i would rather not go any lower, i got this car for a fun DD that i also use as a baby hauler. so i dont want anything too harsh

Taco

Lowered cars ride worse than stock. Your shocks could be blown. Are you sure it isn't on OEM shocks?
I know they ride worst lol. They are the eibach pro kit shocks. They kinda act like they may be blown. I hit stuff that I've hit in other lower cars with this one and it bottoms where the others didn't.

Even if the shocks are blown I'm looking for opionons on if I should keep these springs and run a different shock, or go with a new setup all together. I'm kinda leaning towards the H&R OE sport springs, not to sure on what shocks to go with them.

drevans_satx

Dylan
Well blown shocks and shitty sprint rates are often to be blamed.
Now correct me if I'm wrong, but some prgressive rate springs require a progressive strut? I do know the ITR uses progressive springs in the rear :D
Maybe you have such a shitty ride because your struts are bottoms out too soon with the lower ride height. Before you change everything and blow hundreds of moneys go buy some GC extended top hats and see if that helps :) You also feed swerve at the same time Haha

As for a different setup, if you got the cash go for it. Personally I'm on OEM struts and H&R drop springs w/ GC extended top hats (A must for lowered setups!)

idontknow

since it came with those shocks already. there are 2 things you can do.

1. replace shock/s.
2. drive a lot slower. guarantee you will never bottom out. problem solve

Taco

Lmao! I meant like swerve to avoid the holes lol

Sent from my DC4
thats what i thought you meant, then that guy shows up, i was all kinds of confused lol
since it came with those shocks already. there are 2 things you can do.

1. replace shock/s.
2. drive a lot slower. guarantee you will never bottom out. problem solve
well what i'm getting at is should i try another spring while i'm at it and what spring?