looking for ways to gain better control

itsferny09

i am looking for better ways improve the handling of my car besides getting tires
there is nothing wrong with my car i just want better control
not sure if i should get sway bars or coil overs to drop it first
any ideas?

meANDmyDB7

actually has an FB6 now.
there are a lot of circuit and track junkies here with great suspension builds. you should check them out.

one thing is for sure is that it won't be cheap.

dlo253

Hit up the suspension review thread, decide if you want full coilovers or struts with sleeves.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
i am looking for better ways improve the handling of my car besides getting tires
there is nothing wrong with my car i just want better control
not sure if i should get sway bars or coil overs to drop it first
any ideas?
My first question is...What is your skill level? There's a saying, "The more modifications you do, The more skill is required to handle your car..."

Do you know the full potential of your ride? Have you taken your car to its full potential?

The only reason I'm asking these questions is, You are not gonna fully appreciate the modifications if you don't know what's holding you back...Another question is what are you doing that you need to drastically change the supension? Is this for your daily driver or track car?

If I sound like a prick, I apologize, didn't mean it that way...Changing a car's handling isn't something you can just fix in one day...I tell you this, I was working on my suspension for at least 4 months getting ready for an AutoX meet....

itsferny09

My first question is...What is your skill level? There's a saying, "The more modifications you do, The more skill is required to handle your car..."

Do you know the full potential of your ride? Have you taken your car to its full potential?

The only reason I'm asking these questions is, You are not gonna fully appreciate the modifications if you don't know what's holding you back...Another question is what are you doing that you need to drastically change the supension? Is this for your daily driver or track car?

If I sound like a prick, I apologize, didn't mean it that way...Changing a car's handling isn't something you can just fix in one day...I tell you this, I was working on my suspension for at least 4 months getting ready for an AutoX meet....
This is strictly for street purposes. I can handle my car very well but it doesn't feel like its holding on to the road well enough.
i have taken my car to its fullest potential which is why i know i have to drop the car in order to stabilize it more
i want to also learn how to drive it also with my new improvements
i want more grip to the road and better handling besides getting tires

Prozon

Kris
Dropping the car's center of gravity will more than likely give you much better handling- it did for mine anyways.

Why do you say "besides tires" ? Out of all the modifications I did to my Integra to make it handle, I think the tires was by far the most effective.

The Kev

Vtec? I have V-TAK! Son..
This is strictly for street purposes. I can handle my car very well but it doesn't feel like its holding on to the road well enough.
i have taken my car to its fullest potential which is why i know i have to drop the car in order to stabilize it more
i want to also learn how to drive it also with my new improvements
i want more grip to the road and better handling besides getting tires
Alright...Now we know what to work with...First and most obvious, IS lowering the ride height. As Prozon stated, Just lowering the car's center of gravity will greatly improve the handling. An INCH or an INCH and a HALF will do for now. Just get simple set of lowering springs for right now. Maybe some shocks as well. I will advise, DO NOT GO WITH COILOVERS just yet.

As for tires, I would get a new set of rims, that way you get those performance tires...and you can go ahead put a front strut bar when applying the lowering springs...

XjoEnX

Based on your description, I'd say get a wider wheel and tire set up and strut bars to tie both sides of your car together up top. Other than that, lower it to reduce lift on turns.