Looking to buy 94 ls

Prototype teg

So my neighbor has a 94 integra ls with 125xxx miles on it. Its red has the spoiler removed but still has it but its like faded so bad its kinda pink. The body is a little bad passenger side fender looks like its been hit cause the lights dont sit to well on it and its rubbing againts the fender. The interior is clean exept driver side door where it has tape in one spot. It also has a aftermarket alarm. I cant get pictures cause that be weird just taking pics of his car. He is asking 2500 for it. I currently have a 97 prelude sh in trying to sell. I know im asking alot but are 94 integras woth 125k miles worth 2500?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Prototype teg

So my neighbor has a 94 integra ls with 125xxx miles on it. Its red has the spoiler removed but still has it but its like faded so bad its kinda pink. The body is a little bad passenger side fender looks like its been hit cause the lights dont sit to well on it and its rubbing againts the fender. The interior is clean exept driver side door where it has tape in one spot. It also has a aftermarket alarm. I cant get pictures cause that be weird just taking pics of his car. He is asking 2500 for it. I currently have a 97 prelude sh in trying to sell. I know im asking alot but are 94 integras woth 125k miles worth 2500?

Edit: front bumper rubs agaisnt passenger fender and lights dont sit to well on the passenger side

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Low miles low price.
Its either salvage, Unhealthy motor/trans, or he doesnt know what he has.
Assuming its a stickshift.

Your making it sound like the body is really bad
Pics would help a ton

Prototype teg

Says its a clean title. The guy he got it from had a kid and needed a 4 door.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Im prob gonna do a car fax

If the panels and bumpers dont line up, Its most likely been hit or taken off. Hard or soft you may never know. Look for bondo under the paint. Carfax is nice to have.

Next step would be to Check the health of the engine/trans
I would check compression of the motor and for leaks.
Grinds/pop outs

Prototype teg

Ok. I have the compression test tool. And for checking for grinds or popouts would be a simply drive?

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Ok. I have the compression test tool. And for checking for grinds or popouts would be a simply drive?

Awesome dont forget to unplug the dizzy. Look up a diy on compression test

Yea just test drive. Check every gear, start to stop.
Gl man

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
And keep your eyes open for smoke out the tail pipe and color of smoke.
When to really look for it -
Take off, full throttle, and driving normal etc

Prototype teg

Awesome dont forget to unplug the dizzy. Look up a diy on compression test

Yea just test drive. Check every gear, start to stop.
Gl man
Why unplug the dizzy?
I have a compression test tool. My grandfather passed away he used to be a mechanic at a deslership so i got some special tools

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Why unplug the dizzy?
I have a compression test tool. My grandfather passed away he used to be a mechanic at a deslership so i got some special tools

It could pop/destroy the ignition coil or icm inside the dizzy.
Why would it do that?- From what i understand current has no where to go and/or old already weak icm, ic.

It has happen to me and the diy told me to unplug it and i thought i did Not need to. Should of, but now i learned my lesson

Prototype teg

It could pop/destroy the ignition coil or icm inside the dizzy.
Why would it do that?- From what i understand current has no where to go and/or old already weak icm, ic.

It has happen to me and the diy told me to unplug it and i thought i did Not need to. Should of, but now i learned my lesson
What numbers should i be seeing on a compression test?