looking to do 16x8 wheels, but what offset?

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
im looking to purchase some 16x8 wheels for my car but not sure what offset i'll need for the car to be able to avoid minimal fender roll and steering issues. i've searched the forum and all i could find was acouple people suggesting 16x8 +10 offset. is that correct? if anyone has a 16x8 setup with pictures on a DB or DC that would be great. thanks.

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Why not just go +20? That's what some people are using on the Rota Grid Offroads.

Same wheels +10, I think the first set looks much better. The rears on the DB bother me.

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
so the set +20 makes that much difference? I see the second picture with the set +10 the tires are sticking out. am I correct?

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
The tire size plays a big part too, along with camber, and ride height.

The 10mm difference isn't even .5 inch, but still affects the look.

EklipzeR

StOnErZ iNc
yea from those pics +20 hands down.
but pardon the dumb question I am confused 16x8 +10 is different from 16x8 +20 because....??....

I mean is the +20 the width of the rim?
thanks for the info

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Basically means from the center of the wheel, the hub is spaced 20mm towards the outer lip.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
thanks for all the help guys. reason why im not going +20, the only wheels i've seen are those rota's and believe it or not, rota's are out of my price range haha. i was just planning on picking up a set of 16x8 +10 offset SportMax wheels from ebay. i just dont want to roll my fenders is pretty much the only reason... but if i do, is it a huge roll? are their any steering issues with 16x8 wheels with a 1.75 drop?

DumaDa9

If you're not planning on tucking tire i would stay away from the lower offset and stick with something much higher, with that drop the 16x8+10 are going to stick way out of your fender wells

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
thanks for all the help guys. reason why im not going +20, the only wheels i've seen are those rota's and believe it or not, rota's are out of my price range haha. i was just planning on picking up a set of 16x8 +10 offset SportMax wheels from ebay. i just dont want to roll my fenders is pretty much the only reason... but if i do, is it a huge roll? are their any steering issues with 16x8 wheels with a 1.75 drop?
Why don't you want to roll your fenders?

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
^^^
well if i ever decide to change wheels down the road, wouldn't the rolled fenders on a set of higher offset wheels look weird?

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
i picked up a pair of Toyo Proxes with 90% tread life for 20bucks but the size is 195/50/16, should i be ok?