Looking to swap engine

Jdizzle325

I'm looking to swap out my original b18b engine for another b18b with 40k miles, but I want to know if I would be able to mod it enough to get 300+ HP...i just don't want to spend 3000 dollars on a vtec since my friend is selling me the b18b for 850 dollars.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
A vtec isn't an engine, dude.

Yes, you can get 300hp out of it. Is it going to cost you a lot? Yes. I don't see any questions here that haven't been answered very recently or could be answered with about 30 seconds of research...

j13

Keep It Clean
You want 300hp out of a 1.8L 4cyl but you don't want to spend money. Goodluck bruh

Teggy64

Got vtec?
Ur gonna have to spend at least 3k for a decent setup to put out 300 hp.

Jdizzle325

a b16 and b18c motor is a vtec, i was being short. and i was planning on spending alot but i said i dont want to spend 3000 on just a vtec motor when i can get a b18b for 850 dollars. that was my point, i plan on spending more then 3000 dollars. i just wanted to make sure i can put out 300+ hp on a b18b.

JobotDestroy

Resident thug
Reading, Pa huh? Know that place very well due to my boy Chris Rado ;) and you can get a B16a and sometimes a b18c for cheaper then that. I see B16a's priced pretty good most times

Jdizzle325

well maybe you can talk to him and see if he can get me a good price on a b16 or b18c, there are ALOT of hondas/acuras in reading lol.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
WTF? 3k for a C1? or a C5? BS. A C1 complete swap is 1500. You can spend the rest on a turbo set up if you want 300whp

but is this your daily driver? Do you want FI or NA?

Jdizzle325

thats the price i was seeing them at, i mean if you have any ideas on where i can find a cheaper one please let me know. it is my daily driver atm but i plan on getting another dd so i can use my integra for fun :). i kind of want an FI, but i heard NA was better. but idk.

Jdizzle325

well i wont really be going to tracks to race, so i would prefer the best for road driving, but i have a lead foot and would like to get max HP gain. NA seems like it would be more fun