Losing coolant help

nicoalex2

So I've been overheating due to losing coolant fluid. I don't see any leaks under the car besides a little oil leak.

Where, what should I be looking for when this happens?

Any advice will be good.

Last edited:

Jabes

is the radiator stock or aftermarket? I have the same problem with my friends integra and the seam where the plastic and aluminum meets on the stock radiator is starting to seperate and causing a leak. If thats not the problem check to see if you coolant overflow is milky, it could be the headgasket

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
put some cardboard under it when u park it overnight and look for spots in the morning

Tam4511

CI BOOST FIEND
was it leaking then? thats obsolete..... get a compression check and a leak down test done, first check all you lines, run you motor and watch for leaks.

mirrorimg

Get some dye that illuminates in certain light, and put it in the radiator. At night, turn on whatever light to let it glow, and you can see if its leaking somewhere.

I think you can get something from an autoparts store.

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
Im having the same issue too. i have radiator fluid spraying onto the hood of my teg and throughout the engine area. The car smokes from the radiator area while its hot. HELP!

nicoalex2

Get some dye that illuminates in certain light, and put it in the radiator. At night, turn on whatever light to let it glow, and you can see if its leaking somewhere.

I think you can get something from an autoparts store.
I'll try that

mirrorimg

Im having the same issue too. i have radiator fluid spraying onto the hood of my teg and throughout the engine area. The car smokes from the radiator area while its hot. HELP!
Figure out where its coming from... It really is as simple as that.

stevo.kelley

ninja by night
ok ill try . its leaking straight from the radiator, i dont really know much and im out to try to learn. im only 17 years old so ive got a long way to go

mirrorimg

ok ill try . its leaking straight from the radiator, i dont really know much and im out to try to learn. im only 17 years old so ive got a long way to go
Would be better for you to start your own thread instead of jacking nicoalex2's thread.

But if its the radiator itself, which has plastic end tanks that are "sealed" to the radiator fins, it has probably failed and needs to be replaced. Mine was leaking quite a bit, and instead of replacing with an OEM (plastic endtank) radiator, I went with a full aluminum radiator.