Losing coolant???

badpie426

B18c5 I just swapped into my car ... Iv noticed that my overflow tank the coolant level seems to drop an inch every 3 days... My coolant doesn't have any oil in it an there arnt any bubbles coming up an my oil doesn't look milky at all also no overheating ... If it was head gasket problem or cracked block wouldn't there be a noticeable contamination either in oil or coolant

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Should be if that's your problem. I'd look for a leak near your water pump, any coolant lines, or if you have really bad luck like I did on my first teg, check your floor boards, I had a bad heater core, it pissed all over my passenger side floor board and the interior smelled like coolant really bad.

BankiBoi

How new is that radiator? Mine leaked at the top around the seal took a long time to find

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

badpie426

I think its the original 112,000 miles ..the head an bottom end and head is completly rebuilt with all new parts.. In sept an october I temporarily had water in the cooling system an forgot an didn't remember untill late October ... Temperature was just above freezing for those months but that's why I'm worried sonething may have cracked... Or I'm leaking in some random spot

96tegra

Detailer/Mechanic
To me it sounds like a Water pump went up. Especially if your overflow keeps going low. Means you have a small leak somewhere unnoticeable. Also, if everything was just rebuilt you may have internal issues.
Maybe do a pressure test on your system to eliminate what isn't wrong and go from there.