Losing Fuel Supply

wymanracing

I posted about a problem I was having with a '93 integra ls that I am racing on an asphalt circle track about a month ago, but have more detailed info that someone can hopefully help me with. We race on a high banked 1/2 mile and when we try to run in 3rd gear the car quickly gets on the rev limiter at 7000 RPM. If you continue to run and keep hitting the rev limiter then the car loses fuel supply after about 2 or 3 laps (I'm guessing this is the cars way of protecting the motor by basically say "dumb@$$ if you won't listen to the rev limiter then I will make you stop driving). We then tried running 4th gear where we never got above 5600 RPM but after 3 or 4 laps the same problem occurred, loss of fuel. I would hold my foot on the gas and the car would respond sporadically with short bursts of power but nothing continuous. The car also would overheat when we ran in fourth gear. Is there some difference between third and fourth that makes the engine run more lean which in return causes the motor to overheat?

Before the issues with fourth gear, I initially thought that the problem could be resolved by hooking the car up to a dyno and tweaking the chip to allow the car to run up to 76-7800 RPM. Problem is that I don't want to spend the $1000 it costs to have this done if this is not indeed the issue. Does anybody have any other possible theories about what may be wrong that I could check? We have changed the OEM computer and distributor and the same problem happened.

Appreciate any help or advice that can be given.

mjones73

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge and see if it's dropping, I'd bet your fuel is pushing to the side in the tank when you're banking and you're possibly uncovering the fuel pump and losing pressure.

01FTW

It's your fuel man, ya got a nasty hole.