loss of power after spark plug replacement

joey30gonzalez

Ok im back once again i have a 1993 1.8L integra, i replaced the spark plugs and wires i had because the 4th and 3rd cylinder wires would pop up every 10 minutes of driving. after replacing the wires with the bosch wires. I used NGK Spark plugs as replacements and i spaced them to .043" as the sticker on the car said but for some reason the car doesn't get up and go quite as well as it used to. when i pulled the old plugs out they were spaced at .040" and i tried the plugs at that spacing and it still isn't the same. any suggestions??:/

KiNGKAOS

Do you have the plug wiring in order? If not that could make it have less power n run like sh!t..

hgocasca

level 77 troll
First and foremost, ditch those wires, we use Ngk or oem replacements only here. The occasional msd, but never Bosch. This is your car's way of saying f you too!!! for using those wires.

joey30gonzalez

yes i did get NGK platnum plugs(ill admit i dont know the difference between platnum and copper and the others)

yea theyre in order, i made sure of that

Im nnot sure about the compression but i can tell you that saturday morning it was running like a beast but saturday afternoon after the replacements it was running like a saturn.

joey30gonzalez

First and foremost, ditch those wires, we use Ngk or oem replacements only here. The occasional msd, but never Bosch. This is your car's way of saying f you too!!! for using those wires.
lol yea, i got those because i had t go to autozone for them and i knew they were better than the duralast ones, and i called around but no where around me had the NGK wires for my car. and also i didnt have afew days to order them online:/ could that really be why ?????

hgocasca

level 77 troll
lol yea, i got those because i had t go to autozone for them and i knew they were better than the duralast ones, and i called around but no where around me had the NGK wires for my car. and also i didnt have afew days to order them online:/ could that really be why ?????
Ngk's come gapped already at the correct specs, and you should get the oem replacement wires, there are ten second all motor hondas running 10's using factory ignition and fuel delivery systems, our cars come with good shit from the factory. So take back those wires, pay the $5 difference, and get oem, it's dyno and track proven to be the best(with the exception of msd ignition, which you won't need til you're pushing serious power)

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i dont see how wires will make such a big diffrence like this, maybe a bad plug or something, is it missing

hgocasca

level 77 troll
i dont see how wires will make such a big diffrence like this, maybe a bad plug or something, is it missing
It wouldn't make a huge difference at all assuming they're not defective. But it's still some solid advice that I received when I first joined.

joey30gonzalez

okok, well its a good thing i remember the spacings of the plugs but ill check with the wires and try to find some ngk ones thanks