Lost My Key!!!!

typefilipino

do you drive a fast car?
OmG im so mad, i lost my key to my integra, no duplicates but luckily my car is at my friends house safe and sound .. but what do i do now?? does locksmithing ppl help? or could acura/honda do anything bout the situation perhaps? :evil:

speedin

The Transporter
Acura will cut you a key if your bring your registration and id, and id bring your title too if you have it.

DA_Integra

Not White, Pearl White
Acura will cut you a key if your bring your registration and id, and id bring your title too if you have it.
My one buddy had to get this done when he lost his key. But why would you not have a spare key for your car??? $5 spare just cost you couple hundred.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
$5 spare just cost you couple hundred.
couple hundred?

Explain... I got 3 keys cut for one of my DA's from Acura, and he didn't charge me anything....

I had the keys already, but they aren't going to charge you hundreds of dollars to cut a key...

DC2Integ

I ♥ My Integra
couple hundred?

Explain... I got 3 keys cut for one of my DA's from Acura, and he didn't charge me anything....

I had the keys already, but they aren't going to charge you hundreds of dollars to cut a key...
I know they quoted me $125 to cut my key but thats because it has an immobilizer chip in it. my teg is an 01 if its a key without a chip you could have spent $1 at walmart and saved yourself the frustration.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I know they quoted me $125 to cut my key but thats because it has an immobilizer chip in it. my teg is an 01 if its a key without a chip you could have spent $1 at walmart and saved yourself the frustration.
lol, that sucks... Old school security ftw!!!

its on your registration DUR!!

oh and it only cost me $15. Nice little key with black plastic end that said Acura on it too.
lol, oh yeah.

and that's what I had... except I was JDM and got honda ones from ebay. lol!

soviet snarf

1997 GSR 3d
thread revive!
I just lost/misplaced my Integra 1997 GSR key... the car is locked, and the key is not in it (I remember locking it from the outside).
My title and registration are both in the car... what do I do? I can't afford a locksmith right now!

Thanks

phatintegra

Banned
Wondering if a metal coat hanger would do the trick (slide it between the glass and hook the hinge and pull up while your holding up on the door handle) . Since it works on certain vehicles. Never tried it on the teg.

Your 1997 Integra does not have the chip key so it will be allot cheaper. They start coming out the chip key on the 2000 Integra.

When I bought my Integra brand new they gave me 5 keys and a key code just in case if I loose all my keys I just take that key code and get a key made from the dealer. That key code should be stored on the dealership system. Just give them the Vin number and photo ID. They may ask for the title or registration for proof. Call the dealer and ask them first before you head out there.

Last edited: